465Wonder Girl - Crimebase! Part 3

  • Andrea
    Aug 3, 2013
      As the unseen forces continuously tugged at the bodies of the amazonian powerhouses, the Sorcerer clapped his hands with glee.

      "You see, my dear?" he turned to the Empress of Evil. "I told you our partnership would bear fruit. These two never stood a chance against us. In mere minutes their bodies will be torn asunder, and bit by bit they'll be unwilling contributors to the maelstrom that is Limbo!"

      "...pulled...apart..." the Empress repeated dully.

      "We must work on your lexicon programming, my dear," he frowned, then turned to the duo now stretched and distorted into red, blue, gold and flesh colored ribbons in front of them. "How about it, ladies? Enjoying your stretch? I'm told it's good for the body!"

      "NNNnnngh!" Dru grunted as she felt tendons rip and bones threaten to pop out of their joints with each new tug. Her sister moaned next to her. This is it, Dru thought as one of her legs popped at her hip, we're done for!

      "Sorcerer!" a voice commanded from somewhere out of the ether. "You can't kill them. At least not yet! Bring them here, that I may explain the situation to them!"

      The Sorcerer frowned even further. "Are you sure, sire?" he asked as he looked upward. "We have them...why, in seconds they'll be..."

      "Do not presume to question me, Sorcerer! My reasons are my own!" the voice boomed.

      "As you command, great Pharaoh," the Sorcerer sighed and with a wave of his hands the two amazons collapsed to the cold rock of the ground. Their bodies shook with spasms of agony. Dru was afraid to even try to move, for fear that her body had been pulled so far apart it would never obey her again.

      "Slaves," a voice, the same voice that had spoken to the Sorcerer earlier, but was clearly in the room with them now, "put these two in a more subservient position!"

      Dru heard two hands clap, and suddenly she and her sister were grabbed and groped by two pairs of hands, forcing them to their knees. She heard her sister cry out in pain, and it wasn't too long before Dru's voice joined her. Every movement was agony! Once they were both put on their knees they were forced forward in a bow, their hands put out before them. Finally, mercifully, the hands stopped moving them, and there they knelt, in front of their captor.

      "Well done," the voice continued. "So, two young amazons have attempted to halt the rise of New Egypt? Foolish Greeks...ever the scholars, but without the true concept of what godhood means."

      "Wh-who...who are..." Diana started to rise her head but the hands returned and forced it back down.

      "You are not permitted to even gaze at the visage of the mighty Pharaoh!" a voice spat in her ear. A second voice shot into Dru's ear. "You hear? You obey! Keep your eyes to the ground before you! Do not look upon him or his queen or it will give us much pleasure to blind you if he decrees it!"

      "That's enough, slaves," Pharaoh chuckled lightly. "They are very fierce, and very loyal...if a bit bloodthirsty."

      "So," he continued. "No doubt you're here to find out what happened to poor Electra-Woman and Dyna-Girl. Or perhaps to continue their work?"

      "We were sent here to stop you," Dru growled. "Whoever you are!"

      "Well, to be blunt, you failed," the voice chided. "As to me, I am known as the Pharaoh, and it pleases me to bring about a new age, where Egypt shall rule again. Under my reign, of course."

      "You're mad!" Wonder Woman shouted. "Egypt's time is gone. Once they were a mighty power, but that era is over!"

      "It shall rise anew...like the Phoenix," the Pharaoh smiled. "I shall rule again, starting with this very city. As you can see, I've taken steps to ensure super do-gooders like you are unwelcome here. The criminal element has taken control of the general populace, the police force is currently obeying my commands, so you'll find no help there, and one-by-one the people are beginning to see the value of giving up their freedom, given the security I provide!"

      "Americans would never give up freedom for security!" Wonder Girl hissed. "Abraham Lincoln said that!"

      "It was Benjamin Franklin, sis," Wonder Woman chimed in, "but your point is well taken!"

      "But they're not Americans anymore...they're New Egyptians!" the Pharaoh pointed out. "They shall serve me well, and from them shall I build a grand army, which shall be used to take city after city in conquest after conquest!"

      "Someone will stop you," Wonder Woman grunted. "Someone always does!"

      "Not if we send a message...with you two as the messenger!" the Pharaoh beamed. "Easy enough to kill you both...I hope that point has already been made...but then we have your vengeful friends all converging on us. Frankly, we're not quite ready for that just yet.

      "So instead we'll make examples of you both, so the other heroes will know what will happen to them if they try to interfere! The first lesson, I trust, has been learned already. We can and will kill you if it suits our purposes. You're only alive now because I'm allowing you to live. Thank me for this boon, both of you."

      "Fat ch-" Dru spat out before her face was forced into the hard stone of the ground by the slave next to her. "DO it!" the voice hissed. She was too weak to do anything physically. Even if she could hit him, the blow would be too weak to have any effect. But they'd never break her amazonian will. Better to die than to -

      "Thank you, great Pharaoh," she heard her sister say, weakly. Dru forced her head to turn to face her sister. "Wonder Woman," she almost cried, "why are - ?"

      "Choose your battles, Wonder Girl," Wonder Woman whispered. "We're in no position right now to do anything. Give him what he wants, so we can return - "

      " - and get your pretty Amazonian butts handed to you again!" the slave finished for her. "Now DO it, girl...or I'll break your pretty sister's neck!"

      Dru gritted her teeth. "Thank you, great Pharaoh," she said, the words pouring out of her mouth like a great sickness.

      "Very nice," the Pharaoh nodded. "Your Pharaoh is pleased by your servitude. So we shall move on to lesson two. Stand them up, slaves, that they may see my trophies."

      Both women shrieked with pain as they were forced to their feet. When the hands left them, Dru began to crumple back to the ground, but the hands returned and forced her to stand upright. "You fall to the ground, girl, and I'll kick you until you stand!" the voice growled in her ear.

      They faced two open sarcophagi, with two mummified bodies inside. "May I present the two ladies you're looking for," the Pharaoh laughed. "You came here to find Electra-Woman and Dyna-Girl? Well, here they are! Very much alive. Very much aware of what's happening around them. They'd say 'Hello' back if they could..."

      "You...you monster!" Wonder Woman shivered. "And now I suppose it's our turn?"

      "Not quite," a female voice suddenly broke in. "You're going to be our messengers to the outside world."

      "My queen, Nefertiti, is correct," the Pharaoh added. "You'll be set free, but not without some amount of shame and humiliation."

      "Face us," Wonder Woman demanded. "If you're so powerful why are you afraid to show us who you are?"

      "You're hardly in any position to make demands," Nefertiti cooed. "My Pharaoh simply demands tribute from both of you. Slaves, take their lassos!"

      "No!" Dru tried to put a hand down to stop the slave from unfastening her golden lasso from her belt, but it was simply too late, and she was too weak, to do anything about it.

      "These shall serve as trophies of my conquest of you two," the Pharaoh laughed. "I shall hang them next to the Electra-bimbo and her Dyna-brat."

      "They're useless to you," Diana frowned. "They'll only work in the hands of an amazon warrior!"

      "True," the Pharaoh smiled, unseen by their eyes. "But if an amazon warrior doesn't have one, then she isn't as much of a threat, is she?"

      "Wonder Woman," Dru shuddered. "I...I..."

      "Stay calm, Wonder Girl," Diana tried to bolster what little strength she had left. "We'll find a way...somehow...to get them back."

      "Doubtful," the Pharaoh's voice boomed. "As we move on to Lesson Three. If you do attempt to come back, if you're caught within the city limits again after you are driven out, you shall share in their fate. I have plenty of sarcophagi, plenty of embalming materials, and plenty of room on my trophy wall."

      "I like the idea of decorating our throne room in early American heroine!" Nefertiti's voice chuckled.

      "This isn't over," Wonder Woman grunted.

      "It is," the Pharaoh said, finally. "Because lesson four is the final lesson. I'd like you both to meet Solaris."

      The hands of the slaves turned them to the right where they saw a strange reddish-pink partially transparent blob of glowing energy. The slaves hands left them, and both women weakly tried to hold their stance as  the glowing amoeba moved closer to them.

      "Solaris is an energy draining force, and under my control. For now, I'll allow him to painfully drain you enough to let you know I mean business. It'll hurt, but you won't die. Come back...get in my way again in any way, shape or form, and I'll simply give you both to him. Permanently."

      The mass of glowing energy surrounded them both and instantly Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl felt their bodies get assaulted with what felt like thousands of painful pins and needles. They screamed out weakly, as they lacked the strength to do anything but collapse limply to the floor as the blob continued to drain them. Finally, darkness overtook them both.

      "Solaris," the Pharaoh commanded. "That's enough!"

      The blob moved away and into a separate chamber away from the main throne room.

      "I don't mind telling you," the Sorcerer finally said, "that thing gives me the creeps."

      "A powerful ally," the Pharaoh said. "Much like yourself, my friend." He looked at the two unmoving amazons on the ground at their feet. "You know what to do with them, correct?"

      "They shall be most humiliated by the time they leave here," the Sorcerer smiled wickedly. "Right, my dear?"

      "...pulled...apart..." the Empress nodded.

      "You really need to do something with her," the Pharaoh said pointedly.

      * * * *

      A splash of cold water hit Dru in the face, waking her up. A second splash doused her body, then a third, a fourth, until she was completely drenched from head to toe. Shaking her head, she tried to rise, but found she couldn't. Her head and hands were shackled in medieval stocks, and she was put on a small pedestal in what must be the center of town.

      "Wonder Girl," she heard her sister's voice. "Are you awake?"

      She looked to her left and saw her sister in the same predicament. They were both leaning forward, bent at the waist, their torsos draped over a tiny sawhorse to keep them in that position. A crowd of people had gathered around them, and it took Dru a moment to focus and realize that many of them were...smiling?

      "And so you see," a somewhat familiar voice addressed the crowd. "These two have dared to oppose our Pharaoh, and by doing so they oppose you as well. But our Pharaoh is mighty!"

      "Hail Pharaoh!" a voice shot out from the crowd.

      "Thank you, citizen!" the Sorcerer stood between them. "You see, the Pharaoh only wants what is best for you. These two do not. They would have us return to a world of police officers and judges with unfair laws! Will we have that?"

      "No!" several voices shouted from the crowd, amid assenting nods.

      "I'm afraid I can't hear you!" the Sorcerer called out.

      "NO!" the voices boomed in unison.

      "Wonder Woman," Dru moaned. "I don't like this..."

      "Me either, Wonder Girl," Diana responded. "But I can't seem to break free from these stocks!"

      The Sorcerer continued addressing the crowd. "Then show these two this city means business. They are held here in magical stocks, and shall remain here for a full twenty-four hours. In that time we shall send a clear message to them," he produced two long wooden paddles, "and to the heroic community who would dare come in here and tell us how to live! Those who oppose our Pharaoh shall be punished! Now the line forms at...*ahem*...their rears!"

      Dru bristled as she saw a procession of men, women and even children move around them. What had the Pharaoh done to control them? Were they being controlled? Did they actually want this? Her response came in the form of a hard piece of wood slamming down against her backside in a stinging jolt. She screamed out in pain! Hera, that hurt! She thought after everything they had been through it couldn't be possible for her to hurt any worse but - WHAM! Another blow and tears began to well up in her eyes.

      She looked weakly over to see her sister receiving the same treatment, her eyes shut tight in anticipation of another blow. "Don't..." Wonder Woman grunted. "Don't blame them...ahnnn....for what they're doing, Wonder Girl. They...they must be...ow!...controlled somehow!"

      "Unless....uhhnnn....unless they're not, Wonder Woman! Either way...can we stand this for another twenty-four....ooohhh....hours?" Dru countered, wondering if they would even withstand the first one?

      * * * *

      Suffering Sappho! What will become of the Spanked Sisters?

      They're barely able to hold their own against a few villains, how will they fight a whole town?

      Are their lassos destined to become museum pieces for the Pharaoh?

      We'll have to come back in 24 hours to see! In the next installment...

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic