450Re: Wonder Girl - Girl Wonder Part 10

  • Dale
    Feb 26 1:58 AM
      Thanks for the heads up. I forgot to mention Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. Although I like Black Scorpion better, if I now understand camp, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl is campier. Of course, you have to go non-live action to match the campiness of Batman. The Perils of Penelope Pitstop might do, and the Electra Woman and Dyna Girl inspired comic book series Spandex Tights, the Adventures of the Aerobic Duo would definitely do.

      --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, camping_out_with_wonder_girl-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea" <akakramer88@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The home page of the group pretty much spells it out - what if we were to put Dru in situations as seen in shows like Batman or The Man from Uncle, etc. The floor's wide open, though...hence the "don't feel limited" by those shows. They're just what float *my* boat, so to speak. I'd really love to see some Black Scorpion stuff in here...maybe a team-up? How would Dru handle a "partner" all into heavy leather and darkness?
      > >
      > > I generally keep to a couple rules as far as what "camp" entails - make it fun, funny, sexy, whatever - but in the end the good guys don't die or get mangled or disfigured or anything horrifying. No snuff. It's not exciting (at least not to me) to read about Dru getting killed or losing a limb. It is exciting to me to have her knocked out in front of a vending machine she's shackled to, or hit by the dreaded Alvino Ray gun, etc....knowing she'll get out of it somehow by the time the story ends.
      > >
      > > --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, "Dale" <dalelaroy@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I actually like "death-traps" as cliff hangers. One of my favorite is the surfboard death-trap. Although this was more of a disposal means than a trap, since the capture had already occurred. I just prefer non-lethal traps/disposal scenarios.
      > > >
      > > > I find it interesting that you state it is not necessary to stick with Bat-traps when the focus of the group is Wonder Girl, who was never in the Batman series. At the very least traps from television series Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Scorpion, The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, all the Clark Kent series, such as Lois and Clark, and the animated DC television series should be acceptable. The question is, how far should a writer stray from these classics? I would imagine any trap/disposal method that is in the genre of camp would be permissible, whether classic or not, would fit in the theme of the group. But, as I have stated, I don't understand camp.

      > > > I agree that if the objective of collection is displaying the hero/heroine to the public, not only would the villain want to capture them in their best heroic pose, which for Supergirl might be flying, but also smiling, or with a stern expression on their face or perhaps even laughing. A look of surprise or stupification, would not only ruin the artistic merits of the display, but also risk raising suspicions.
      > > >
      > > > If however the objective is to build a private collection, which is what I would expect a villain like the Huntress to do, other expressions, like surprise, stupifaction, humiliation, or ecstasy, might be preferable.
      > > >
      > > > And of course, if the objective is using them as anonymous display mannequins or standees, a blank expression might be preferable.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic