444Re: Wonder Girl - Girl Wonder Part 10

  • Andrea
    Feb 21, 2013
      First off, Dale, welcome to the group.
      Second, I'm anxious to see where you'd put poor Dru and Robyn into peril...I haven't had time to contribute much lately. We need all the stories we can get! Don't feel you have to stick with just the Bat-traps that have been done...that's more just me. Those cliffhanger endings just always "awoke" something inside me. ;)
      Third, if you're going to statu-fy a heroine, I'd want mine in the overly confident smiling pose. You're going to put them on display, after all, so you'd want your guests to remark on what a wonderful job the artist did capturing the heroine's heroism - never know that it was the real thing staring back at them the whole time.

      I've toyed with the idea of Dru and Robyn being turned into Realdolls by the Toymaster. Their skin becoming rubbery, their faces becoming more doll-like, and unable to move unless an outside force moves them. Of course unable to talk, yet they feel everything that's being done to them.

      --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, camping_out_with_wonder_girl-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Fascinating peril parameters, Dale. Yes, I certainly agree that humiliation and mocking immobilizations are more fun than killing a heroine, and the more outrageously absurd the better. Sitting in a chair that is actually a transformed Wonder Girl, who is still conscious in this incarnation? Priceless. "You'll pay for this! When I get outta this jam, my fist is gonna have a date with your face!" Dru might be thinking, as a gloating villain reclines comfortably and downs a drink. The WG chair would be a combination of red fabric spangled with white sewn-on stars, blue and gold sections, and caucasian skin color. Three-dimensional statufication is also an entertaining non-lethal peril, as is Alvino flattening... just loved the Deviant Art story you provided a link for. Which begs an amusing question: which is preferable, fans... a fists-on-hips superheroine turned into a statue with a big haughty smile on her face, which fully captures her arrogant over-confidence, or a slightly stunned and semi-stupid facial expression at the moment of defeat, such as the one Yvonne Craig's Batgirl wears? Both approaches certainly have their charms. Thanks again, Dale, and feel free to keep the fun conversation going! TZ101
      >

      > --- In camping_out_with_wonder_girl@yahoogroups.com, "Dale" <dalelaroy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I came to this group by keying the phrase "Alvino Ray Gun" and the word "heroine" into Google. I ignored the Part 8 post up to the point of the Alvino Ray Gun. Upon reading the invite I started writing my replacement text, then decided to read the entire story to make my text consistent with the story to this point. My conclusion is that I have major problems with making my text consistent with prior parts of the story. In particular, I have a problem making the Alvino Ray Gun consistent with death traps.
      > >
      > > To me there are two types of villains, those who have no problems with killing, and those who do have problems with killing. I prefer the later, and always considered the Alvino Ray Gun to be the device of the later. Flattening eliminates the obstacle without killing. Indeed, in the absence of laws against flattening, the villain could not even be convicted of a crime.
      > >
      > > I'm not sure if I understand camp, so forgive me if what I write doesn't fall in the genre of camp. I'm also more into gags than traps, which is why I prefer writing Rubber Maid stories, such as Rubber Hotel Maid, Riding Lessons, Bolo Boobs, and Rubber Sitter. My idea of a trap is more along the lines of pranks than truly sinister traps. Of course mind games can be interesting, especially ones that play upon a victim's vanity, such as challenging an aspiring escape artist (or a heroine with excessive pride in her escape abilities) to escape severe bondage.

> [...]
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic