Re: [campernicholson] Cockpit drains and alternators

  • Jteipen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 22, 2000
      Simon,

      I can't help you with the alternator. Alegria has a single alt on a Perkins
      with a smart regulator and a battery isolator that charges the house bank as
      well as the starting battery. There are two cockpit drains Port and
      Starboard in the forward part of the lazarette connected with hoses to the
      cockpit drain holes. Regarding the fittings on the side decks, I have seen
      discussion on this board that they are for the purpose of running storm jib
      sheets inside the shrouds. On Alegria, the fittings are there but large eyes
      have been spot welded into them. We use them to rig a preventer to the vang
      fitting when running in heavy seas. We also have a removable inner stay and
      can use the fittings to anchor the sheets.

      Jim Teipen
      SV Alegria
      CN 35 # 68