SV: [campernicholson] Re-engining

  • Thomas J. Middelthon
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2000
      As I mentioned in my mail the other day, I bought a second hand Hydro Vane myself two years ago. It seems to be a solid unit, and was not too difficult to fit. I received the fitting instructions for the Nich 35 from Hydro Vane - by the way the guy who runs that business is very helpful. I have just bought some new pieces from him, too. There was a lower bearing which was rather worn on my unit, giving a certain "bonk-bonk" noice if the ruther was down when the boat was lying still. I am now replacing this and a couple of other small things. Please tell me if you want me to send these fitting instructions over. I have just bought a new scanner here, so I think I can just scan it and mail it to you. By the way - have you got the original documentation/instructions ? I could send that too. Just tell me which/what.......

      I bought the vane from a man who had just returned from a one year trip to the Caribbean in a Najad 360, he seemed to be very pleased with the HydroVane. Said he did not touch the steeringwheel for weeks......

      Thomas