fab fabric

  • fgmallak@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
      fyi..we are redoing upholestry on MILLIE both the v berth and salon
      and have found a deal on the material. seems jo ann fabrics which i
      believe is a national chain has sunbrella at 14.95 a yard.we purchased
      a standard weight for curtians and a ribbed for salon cushions and v
      berth.the ribbed was priced at up to 24.95 at other outlets.
      only 190 days and a wakeup left be fore we head south....gary and
      alicia mallak
    • Denece &/or Bob Vincent
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2000
        Thanks for the 'heads up' I have a bunch of sewn projects on my list! I
        have to ask, have you gotten into the V-berth "wall covering" ? I am curious
        because, at least on Blue Pearl, the walls are covered in the same
        upholstery material as the cushions and I wondered how one would go about
        redoing it.
        I replaced the numerous V-berth cushions with a two part mattress made out
        of a queen sized foam mattress that I knew we were comfortable with. (A
        double would have been big enough.) The cushions were just not comfy! Its
        not like you'd ever have a dozen people riding up there!

        Denece
      • evatt@attglobal.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2000
          Sunbrella is a great fabric for exterior use primarily because of the
          resistance to the elements; however, it is not very resistant to abrasion
          and wear when
          compared to commercial fabrics which are intended for upholstery.
          Harrison
          > fyi..we are redoing upholestry on MILLIE both the v berth and salon
          > and have found a deal on the material. seems jo ann fabrics which i
          > believe is a national chain has sunbrella at 14.95 a yard.we purchased
          > a standard weight for curtians and a ribbed for salon cushions and v
          > berth.the ribbed was priced at up to 24.95 at other outlets.
          > only 190 days and a wakeup left be fore we head south....gary and
          > alicia mallak

          > GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 0.0 percent
          > Intro APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.
          Here</a>

        • Jteipen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2000
            We used Sunbrella when we recovered the cushions on Alegria about a year and
            a half ago. We've been pretty happy with the results. You don't have to
            worry at all about getting it wet, it cleans up really well.

            Jim
            SV Alegria
            CN 35 - 68