Re: Nic 32 info

  • David Griffiths
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2000
      To try and answer the last question - Nic 32s have certainly done
      transatlantics including singlehanded. Having owned one for around 27
      years, I'd certainly say they are excellent boats, but a survey is of
      course essential.

      There have been cases of osmosis. Look also at window and hatch seals,
      engine, mast and standing rigging etc.

      I think you need to be a member to access much of the association site.

      Good luck.

      Dave

      At 15:04 2000-02-11 -0000, rrosenbrock@... wrote:
      >From: rrosenbrock@...
      >
      >Hello,
      >I will be looking at a Nic 32 mfg in 1966. I can't seem to find much info
      on boat.(I have been to the nic 32 web site).
      >In particular, i am looking for info related to any problems I should look
      or.
      >Someone told me the deck where solid glass, no coring,is this true?
      >Are the hulls and decks strong and well made. are the bulkheads tabbed to the
      >hull? Is this boat bluewater capable
      >
      >Ron Rosenbrock
      >rrosenbrock@...

      >Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as low as 2.9 percent
      >Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards
      >Points, no hidden fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the
      >credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at

    • Sten Engelstoft
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2000
        To: campernicholson@onelist.com
        Date sent: 11 Feb 2000 15:04:11 -0000
        From: rrosenbrock@...
        Send reply to: campernicholson@onelist.com
        Subject: [campernicholson] Nic 32 info

        Ron
        Concerning N32: I' have owned one for 15 years. I now owe a N35
        of which one of the 'onelist' members once said that it drives like a
        cadillac and is build like a tank. I hate to admit it but - except for
        size - I think I preferred the 32 it it's a great ship. Mine was build in
        1964 and a mk II where as the one you are looking at must be a mk
        IV. Of course you should expect that a boat that age does require
        maintenance and renewals, however, given that the basics are ok
        (use a surveyor) rest assured that if you buy one of the fines and
        best build yachts ever made.

        Do try to contact Oliver Rooome at oliver_roome@...
        who is very active in the association I'm sure he will be happy to
        help you. and may be even grant you access to the members part of
        the N32 website, which contains a wealth of technical information of
        the boat. Good luck.
        Sten

        PS: yes the deck is solid glass

        > From: rrosenbrock@...
        >
        > Hello,
        > I will be looking at a Nic 32 mfg in 1966. I can't seem to find much
        > info on boat.(I have been to the nic 32 web site). In particular, i
        > am looking for info related to any problems I should look or. Someone
        > told me the deck where solid glass, no coring,is this true? Are the
        > hulls and decks strong and well made. are the bulkheads tabbed to the
        > hull? Is this boat bluewater capable
        >
        > Ron Rosenbrock
        > rrosenbrock@...

        > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as low as 2.9 percent
        > Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards
        > Points, no hidden fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the
        > credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at <a href="
        > http://clickme.onelist.com/ad/NextcardCreative1SR ">Click Here</a>

        > --

        Rosemarie Boeck / Sten Engelstoft
        S/Y BLAAMUSLING, Copenhagen (CN35 #112, OU 2028)