RE: Solent Newtown Rally

  • Colin Campbell-Dunlop
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2014

      Hi Adrian,

      If we make it along this weekend it will be toward the evening as we are not able to get down to the boat until around lunchtime tomorrow thus ruling out a tide assisted early start.

      Great weather for it though….if a bit lacking in wind.  The RTI will be a bit dull.

      On that topic.  I have just heard back from the Island Sailing Club.  Competition for the Nicholson 35 Challenge Trophy has been poor in recent years so they have been thinking about withdrawing it.  I have suggested (in discussion with other Nic groups) that they convert it to ‘The Nicholson Cup’ and they have agreed.  From 2015 it will be open to any Camper and Nicholson production yacht competing under the ISC handicap (cruisers class).  This is subject to final confirmation but if they do that it will open things up a bit and maybe provide some fun competition with the opportunity for a meet up or dinner after the race perhaps?

      All the best

      Colin