rollerfurl boom outhaul

  • jwaldramy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13 11:15 PM
      Does anyone have experience with the in boom outhaul {on an original Proctor rollerfurl boom on a Nic 35) getting very hard to turn.  Is there any lubrication that needs to be done?
      Thanks,

       Jim Waldram aboard Ronnie (Nic 35,1974 hull 98)

    • ralpharnesen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14 3:33 AM
        Dear Jim,

        Mine has not worked for years so I just tie it off in the position it is in. I think to fix the problem you would have to disassemble the whole boom. The problem is that the screws are frozen in the aluminium.

        Could you please send me a photo of your boat for my collection, this is the first time you have come on my radar and I try to keep the Nic 35 register current.

        Ralph Arnesen
        Argonaut of Rhu #8

      • petesjohn@btinternet.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 17, 2016
          Dear Ralph,
          We've owned Affinity Nic35, 1979 hull 192 since Jun 2011 and have tried to post the change, on this forum, several times. Perhaps, in this season of goodwill, the forum will display electronic benevolence and accept this post.
          Merry Christmas
          Pete & Gill John
        • ralpharnesen
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2016
            Dear Pete and Jill,

            I must say that with every time I get a new correction to the register it is a Christmas present for me. A photo is a bonus.

            Thanks for the update.

            Ralph
            Argonaut of Rhu #8