Wind Charger mounting.

  • adrian turner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2014
    Hi Bob,
    I have an Aerogen 4 fitted. The pole lines up with the pushpit & is clamped with U-bolts. The pole just sits in a flange fitting on deck which allows the wire to run down the middle of the pole & through the deck. It also has a wire stay fitted to the outside of toe rail at the stern & also one either side onto the pushpit. There are a couple of lugs on the pole which I have used to lift a small outboard with. Not sure what size the pole is but I would make it stiffer by upping the diameter to get rid of wire stays or a better way would be to use a smaller diameter s/s bar to replace the wires.

    Cheers, Adrian,  Coriander, Nic 35 No; 180
  • bhess6539
    Message 2 of 2 , May 19, 2014
      I am looking into buying a windpower generator for my Nic 33. I was planning to use thick PVC piping for the pole and use u bolts and teak board scrap to mount to the stern rail. I have these steel tower/trusses that I plan to attach to the stern rail and deck while providing more to attach the PVC to and to offer rigidity without using wires. When I have done this in the next couple of months, I will post pictures.

      Brian Hess
      S/V Triton
      Nic 33
      Tahuya, WA