RE: [campernicholson] Hydraulic Drives

  • bob lemmer
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2013

      John

      We recently took out boat from Falmouth to Largs and, as luck would have it, after rounding Lands End we had very little wind and ended up motoring for 60 out of the total 72 hours. As a result when we arrived at Largs our Hydraulic Tank was indicating that it needed a little top up. The manual indicated that the correct fluid was Shell Tellus 32. I contacted Shell who said that they had not made that for some years; after some research they came back and said the correct modern equivalent was Shell Tellus S2M68. Apparantly, the S2M bit is important because there is more than one variant of Tellus 68 and this is the marine version.

      The bad news is that it only comes in 20L drums at approx UKP 45.00 per drum.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards

      Bob Lemmer

      35/2