Re: [campernicholson] Clara May - Nicholson 35

  • John Stothart
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2013
      Hi Bob,
      we saw Clara May laid up in a car park in Salcombe in 1995, the elderly gentleman who owned her was so enthusiastic about her and her Windpilot vane steering that the following year we bought Dabbler Nich 35 hull no 79 and have sailed her ever since.
      Regards,
      John

      On 22 Sep 2013, at 20:09, "bob lemmer" <boblemmer@...> wrote:

      Colin

      Thanks for that.

      She is set up for a windvane and had one when we purchased her. We thought that we would never use it and so sold it; big mistake!!!!

      Regards

      Bob Lemmer

      35/2

      From: "bob lemmer" <boblemmer@...>

      Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 20:04:51 +0100

      Subject: [campernicholson] Clara May - Nicholson 35

      Sadly, we have decided to put Clara May up for sale.

      She is hull number 2 and is believed to be unique in being the only Nicholson 35 in the world with the original factory fitted tiller. She was built in 1970 and was the Boat Show boat of 1971. She was the first Nicholson 35 sold to the public; hull number 1 having been given, I believe, to the agent in Nice as a demonstrator.

      Her first owner took her back to Campers and had her retro fitted with the higher mast. Over the last 6 years she has had in excess of £50000 spent on her to include; re-wireing, re-plumbing, new gas locker and pipework, new cooker, new radar, ais, and chartplotters at the nav station and in the cockpit, new batteries, re-modelling of the interior, re-upholstered, new dodgers, sprayhood and sail covers, new genoa, new toilet, new teak shower tray, etc, etc, etc.

      She is up for sale with Boatshed Scotland if anyone wants to have a look.

      For further details and a full list of the work carried out, please email: boblemmer@....

      Bob Lemmer

      35/2

    • Peter Jørgensen
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2013
        Hi Bob

        We have had Addiena for sale on http://www.yachtbasen.dk/ for a few month now. We have had a really lot of interested  buyers, so they are out there "unfortunally" (or luckely(then we get to keep Addiena, but we dont have the time the next years)) we live i Denmark, so when people get to know this they back out because of the far distance. 2 Danish, 2 or 3 Dutch, 1 or 2 German and from GB....... i don´t know the figure, but MANY*:) happy
        So i think you have a fair chance "over there"

        Peter