Re: [campernicholson] New to group-purchasing nic44

  • Jeffrey Moorman
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2013
      Chris,
      Pay special attention to the deck hardware - stantions, track, etc. These were secured into or through aluminum plates in the early boats, and the deterioration of the metal leads to laminate damage. I do not know that CN was still using this method in 1978, but you might take a close look. Problems will show up as blisters and bumps in the deck.
      Best of luck with your new vessel!

      Jeff
      Nic 35 #39 La Boheme

      Scurvy Dog Yacht Services, LLC
      410-588-7769

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 19, 2013, at 8:06 AM, <chris@...> wrote:

      Hello,

      My wife Gretchen and had our offer accepted on a 1978 Camper Nicholson, "Clan of Sheila" in Duxbury, MA USA. We will have her surveyed in a few days, once it can be arranged.

      We are full-time cruisers and currently have a Wauquiez Pretorien, so this will be a big step up for us in boat size.

      If there are particular things that are to be look at for the survey, I would love the insight. The mechanical systems look to be in excellent condition, the rigging looks to be original, and there is no evidence of blistering (she had a blister job in the past).

      Chris
      sv Alchemy