Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 fuel tank

  • Francis Howard
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20 11:30 AM
      Ah thank you, I don't have that, but it is a sensible place to put one. Was that a later addition do you happen to know or was it original?
      Frank

      On 20 Jul 2013, at 17:25, Graham Norbury <gnorbury@...> wrote:

      CN35#220 had an aluminum inspection plate on the starboard side of the fiberglass tank accessible through the cockpit locker.

      On Jul 20, 2013 11:56 AM, "francis.howard@..." <francis.howard@...> wrote:

      This may be a dumb question but... Can any one tell me if there is an inspection/access hatch in the fuel tank? My boat is Vogel Gryff No 69. I can see there isn't one on the top, sides or aft end but at the frd end my boat has sound insulation glued onto it so I don't really want to peel that back to see. I have freed up the small tap at the frd end and drained off some fuel which was clean, no water or sludge but was wondering how to clean it out if ever I needed to. I am back sailing again having had all the aluminium plates taken out of the deck under the tracks/chain plates and stanchions. It's nice to have removed the blisters from the deck and also to have cured the leak above the nav area from the leaking deck drain.
      Thanks in advance
      Frank

    • John Stothart
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 20 11:35 AM
        CN35 hull 79 "Dabbler" has an aluminium inspection plate on the starboard side like Graham's.
        I'm sure it is original.
        John

        On 20 Jul 2013, at 19:30, Francis Howard <francis.howard@...> wrote:

        Graham
[...]

      • O. R. Armstrong
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20 12:00 PM
          Yankee, hull #99, has an aluminum tank with an inspection plate on the port side.

          Be sure you have a source for making a good diesel-proof gasket before you opening it.

          Russ Armstrong

          --
          "A lot of people mistake confusion in their own minds for complexity in the real world." - Thomas Sowell

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 21 1:42 PM
                Nixie, 35/29, 1972 has the aluminium inspection hatch on the starboard side. We removed the hatch 10 years ago for cleaning without difficulty and replaced the gasket with cork and cauking cotton to seal the nuts as in the original. No problems since, happily.

                Bob Barker