Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 Windflower

  • Linda Lane Thornton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
      Hi Barry
      Many thanks for this information. I'll pass it on to the man who is doing the work on here. The interior is totally gutted, and I couldn't find the usual little plate on the stern. The chain plates are being done and there was apparently considerable ingress of water into the core, so he pulled off the deck, fixed the core, and is now starting to put her back together again. I'll see if I can glean any other information from him, because it sounds like your boat.
      Cheers
      Linda

      Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 Windflower
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 5:26 AM

      Linda:  My
      wife & I owned C & N 35 hull number 151 from 1979
      until 2007.  The boat was exhibited in the Fort
      Lauderdale Boat Show in 1978 and purchased by someone called
      Owen Jones.  He sailed it to Annapolis, Maryland in
      1979, which is where we bought it from Mr. Jones.  .
       It had no name.  We called it Wildflower II.
       (Our previous boat was Wildflower).  We moved the
      boat from Annapolis  to Florida in 1999. The boat
      originally had a Watermota Seapanther engine.  We
      replaced it with a Yanmar 3JH in 2003.   We sold the
      boat to a gentleman from the UK in 2007.  He stored the
      boat at a yard in Indiantown, Florida during the 2007
      hurricane season & refurbished the vessel over the
      winter 2007-2008.  He renamed the vessel
      "Windflower."  In June of 2008 he left
      Florida, sailed to Bermuda, the Azores and back to  the
      UK.  Perhaps this is the vessel that is on the hard in
      Horta.

      Barry Roberts

      -----Original
      Message-----