Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 Windflower

  • Barryr8195
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
      FOLLOWUP:  Linda--A gentleman named Simon Pettit purchased C&N 3 No. 151 from us in 2007.

      Barry Roberts

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
        Hi Barry
        Many thanks for this information. I'll pass it on to the man who is doing the work on here. The interior is totally gutted, and I couldn't find the usual little plate on the stern. The chain plates are being done and there was apparently considerable ingress of water into the core, so he pulled off the deck, fixed the core, and is now starting to put her back together again. I'll see if I can glean any other information from him, because it sounds like your boat.
        Cheers
        Linda

        Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 Windflower
        To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 5:26 AM

        Linda:  My
        wife & I owned C & N 35 hull number 151 from 1979
        until 2007.  The boat was exhibited in the Fort
        Lauderdale Boat Show in 1978 and purchased by someone called
        Owen Jones.  He sailed it to Annapolis, Maryland in
        1979, which is where we bought it from Mr. Jones.  .
         It had no name.  We called it Wildflower II.
         (Our previous boat was Wildflower).  We moved the
        boat from Annapolis  to Florida in 1999. The boat
        originally had a Watermota Seapanther engine.  We
        replaced it with a Yanmar 3JH in 2003.   We sold the
        boat to a gentleman from the UK in 2007.  He stored the
        boat at a yard in Indiantown, Florida during the 2007
        hurricane season & refurbished the vessel over the
        winter 2007-2008.  He renamed the vessel
        "Windflower."  In June of 2008 he left
        Florida, sailed to Bermuda, the Azores and back to  the
        UK.  Perhaps this is the vessel that is on the hard in
        Horta.

        Barry Roberts

        -----Original
        Message-----