Nic 35 Windflower

  • lindalanethornton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
      Hello Everyone
      Does anyone know the details of the Nic 35 Windflower, currently undergoing a refit on the hard in Horta? Things like hull number, year of manufacture, previous owners etc? I'm just curious.
      Cheers
      Linda
    • Barryr8195
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
        Linda:  My wife & I owned C & N 35 hull number 151 from 1979 until 2007.  The boat was exhibited in the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show in 1978 and purchased by someone called Owen Jones.  He sailed it to Annapolis, Maryland in 1979, which is where we bought it from Mr. Jones.  .  It had no name.  We called it Wildflower II.  (Our previous boat was Wildflower).  We moved the boat from Annapolis  to Florida in 1999. The boat originally had a Watermota Seapanther engine.  We replaced it with a Yanmar 3JH in 2003.   We sold the boat to a gentleman from the UK in 2007.  He stored the boat at a yard in Indiantown, Florida during the 2007 hurricane season & refurbished the vessel over the winter 2007-2008.  He renamed the vessel "Windflower."  In June of 2008 he left Florida, sailed to Bermuda, the Azores and back to  the UK.  Perhaps this is the vessel that is on the hard in Horta.

        Barry Roberts

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
          FOLLOWUP:  Linda--A gentleman named Simon Pettit purchased C&N 3 No. 151 from us in 2007.

          Barry Roberts

          Does anyone know the details of the Nic 35 Windflower, currently undergoing a refit on the hard in Horta? Things like hull number, year of manufacture, previous owners etc? I'm just curious.
          Cheers
          Linda

        • Linda Lane Thornton
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2013
            Hi Barry
            Many thanks for this information. I'll pass it on to the man who is doing the work on here. The interior is totally gutted, and I couldn't find the usual little plate on the stern. The chain plates are being done and there was apparently considerable ingress of water into the core, so he pulled off the deck, fixed the core, and is now starting to put her back together again. I'll see if I can glean any other information from him, because it sounds like your boat.
            Cheers
            Linda

            Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Nic 35 Windflower
            To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com