Life Raft Mounting on Coach Roof / NIC 35 "Andromeda of Arisaig"

  • jveslov
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2013
      While sailing in the Baltic we need to move the SEAGO 4 Person Life Raft from the Push Pit to another location. The Aft Locker fit, however, it is already in other use.

      I am considering placing the Life Raft on the Coach Roof, within a Cradle and secured by straps.

      Any other member who have place their life raft on the Coach Roof and if so may share their experience,ideas or drawings.

      Any help appreciated.

      Jorgen
    • Peter Jørgensen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2013
        Hi Jorgen.
        I`m planning on doing a platform in a week or two, for our Life Raft. I will place it just in front of the Sprayhood on the garagebulb. When we baught Addiena it was placed here, but only with two belt attatched to the "gribrail"
        I will post a photo or two when I´m done.

        Peter

        While sailing in the Baltic we need to move the SEAGO 4 Person Life Raft from the Push Pit to another location. The Aft Locker fit, however, it is already in other use.

        I am considering placing the Life Raft on the Coach Roof, within a Cradle and secured by straps.

        Any other member who have place their life raft on the Coach Roof and if so may share their experience,ideas or drawings.

        Any help appreciated.

        Jorgen

      • Colin Campbell-Dunlop
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2013

          Hi Jorgen,

          We have a set up on Trutz with the liferaft (4 man canister) mounted on teak blocks forward of the sprayhood.  I will send you pictures at the weekend.  We have the liferaft held on with ratchet straps currently but I am going to upgrade this to a purpose built stainless steel cradle with quick release clips.  This will screw straight in to the teak blocks which are through bolted on the hatch garage.

          We also have a hole in the port block which you can tie the liferaft painter to.  We leave it permanently rigged.  If the raft goes over the side it will inflate and remain attached to the boat.

          It is a simple set up and doesn’t cut visibility down too much.

          Rgds

          Colin

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2013
            Jorgen,

            We have a Viking 6 person life raft in a stainless steel cradel  that is is mounted forward of the dodger position on the main hatch cover.   It's secured to the cradel by a single nylon strap running port and starboard with a quick release and the life raft inflation rip cord/painter is attached to the cradel.   In addition to the ability to launch the raft manually,  there is a hydrostatic mechanism on one side of the nylon strap, which is designed to release and trigger inflation of the raft automatically underwater at 10 meters of water pressure.

            Jim

            Alegria
            CN 35 - 68

            To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com

            While sailing in the Baltic we need to move the SEAGO 4 Person Life Raft from the Push Pit to another location. The Aft Locker fit, however, it is already in other use.

            I am considering placing the Life Raft on the Coach Roof, within a Cradle and secured by straps.

            Any other member who have place their life raft on the Coach Roof and if so may share their experience,ideas or drawings.

            Any help appreciated.

            Jorgen

          • Linda Lane Thornton
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 26, 2013
              Greetings
              On Coromandel the life raft is on teak blocks forward of the mast. It is an Avon cannister four person, secured by two quick-release webbing straps and covered with a sunbrella cover.
              Cheers
              Linda

              To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sunday, June 9, 2013, 11:22 AM