Mobmat

  • divonic
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2013
      We are about to do a half-circumnavigation of the UK in our Nic 35 SIRENA IV (nee Petanya, #155), much of it two-handed.

      Wrestling with the age-old question of how one person can best to get an incapacitated MOB back on board ... it seems the MobMat is a good solution - does anyone have experience, good or bad, or other solutions that work in rough weather?

      The other challenge is that we are currently 300 miles from our boat, and I need to know whether the freeboard is more or less than 1 metre ... let's say at the mast... anyone know for sure?

      Thanks all.

      Nic & Lesley
    • frank watt
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2013
        We did an exercise with the Macduff Lifeboat, one of the lifeboat crew volunteering to be the MOB.
        2 or 3 straps, one end tied inboard and the other ends slid under the knees and arms and the MOB can be "rolled" aboard fairly easily. Granted it was flat calm at the time.

        Frank Watt
        Blue Pegasus