iPad spec request Part 2

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
      Hello helpful people!

      iPad ordered, due to arrive on Monday. Time now to consider apps for cruisers. Living in Brighton Kemptown, Drag Queen as previously suggested is a no-brainer, but which other apps should we consider to start with?

      Bob
      Bob Barker
      N35/29 Nixie
    • ralpharnesen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
        I put Navionics on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7" and seems to work OK but have not tried it on the boat yet. The Tab 2 has GPS and enough memory to run it, Navionics has tried and made the compatability check on the iPad but not the Tab 2.
        Look at their website and you will find a compatability chart.

        Ralph
        Argonaut of Rhu  #8

      • sidmcdonough@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
          I have an iPad with garmin charts for North America. It's OK but only marginally satisfactory out of cell phone range.  I also have GeoGarage charting for the Bahamas. Absolutely a waste of money.

          Sid McDonough
          48/3

          Sent from my iPad

          On Apr 27, 2013, at 11:13 AM, "Bob" <ribarker@...> wrote:

          Hello helpful people!

          iPad ordered, due to arrive on Monday. Time now to consider apps for cruisers. Living in Brighton Kemptown, Drag Queen as previously suggested is a no-brainer, but which other apps should we consider to start with?

          Bob
          Bob Barker
          N35/29 Nixie

        • arnesenr
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4 7:47 AM
            Have a look at this months Yacjting World they evaluate the top 6 iPad nav apps.

            Ralph Arnesen
            Argonaut of Rhu

            Sent from Samsung tablet