Re: [campernicholson] Nicholson Cutlery

  • O. R. Armstrong
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2013
      taylormickie:

        I'd fancy such a fancy set. Are you inviting offers?

        Russ Armstrong

      On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM, taylormickie1947 <taylormickie1947@...> wrote:

      Can anyone help in the valuation of a full set of genuine original camper nicholson cutlery. Please

      --
      “There are a lot of things I don’t know about.” . . . “If confirmed (as Secretary of Defense), I intend to know a lot more than I do.” ~ Chuck Hagel, the man nominated by Mr Obama to be in charge of the most powerful military that has ever existed.
    • MarkH
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
        --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "taylormickie1947" <taylormickie1947@...> wrote:

        > Can anyone help in the valuation of a full set of genuine original camper nicholson cutlery. Please

        I've never sen them listed. In fact, I've never seen any of the CN galley custom items. We might be interested too. Photos?
      • Rutger van Zoest
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 24, 2013
          A small survey among the Dutch Nicholson Circle revealed interest in mugs or other cutlery items. The original items seem hard to find, so the idea was to make proper copies.
          My own research to have a limited remake order made was not successful.
          Has somebody in the yahoogroup the resources to do such a thing and will this fulfill a need for more owners?
          Snow and ice today in Holland, winter is long this year.
          Regards, Rutger
          Horsefeathers C&N 35 166

          .
        • Francis Howard

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 2, 2013
              --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Rutger van Zoest <vanzoest@...> wrote:

              > A small survey among the Dutch Nicholson Circle revealed interest in mugs or other cutlery items. The original items seem hard to find, so the idea was to make proper copies.
              > My own research to have a limited remake order made was not successful.
              > Has somebody in the yahoogroup the resources to do such a thing and will this fulfill a need for more owners?
              > Snow and ice today in Holland, winter is long this year.
              > Regards, Rutger
              > Horsefeathers C&N 35 166
              >
              > .

              Its possible today to copy just about anything. It does matter what the item looks like and how it was constructed. As noted before, these remain only the stuff of legends. No photos, measurements, weights etc.

              DOES ANYONE HAVE PHOTOS AND DATA TO POST?
            • Rory Rickard
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 2, 2013
                If we could get those I certainly would be very interested in some reproductions.

                On 2 Mar 2013, at 15:17, MarkH <tornado186@...> wrote:

                --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Rutger van Zoest wrote:

                > A small survey among the Dutch Nicholson Circle revealed interest in mugs or other cutlery items. The original items seem hard to find, so the idea was to make proper copies.
                > My own research to have a limited remake order made was not successful.
                > Has somebody in the yahoogroup the resources to do such a thing and will this fulfill a need for more owners?
                > Snow and ice today in Holland, winter is long this year.
                > Regards, Rutger
                > Horsefeathers C&N 35 166
                >
                > .

                Its possible today to copy just about anything. It does matter what the item looks like and how it was constructed. As noted before, these remain only the stuff of legends. No photos, measurements, weights etc.

                DOES ANYONE HAVE PHOTOS AND DATA TO POST?

              • Denece
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 3, 2013
                  Let me look.

                  Blue Pearl came with the melamine dishware and I took photos.

                  Interestingly, we did not care for the dishes and could find no takers at the time so they ended at Goodwill! We had problems with the cups splitting when filled with hot coffee!

                  We found Corelle dishes worked out very well for us. Perhaps there is a way to print the CN design on them? I would consider that ideal. The melamine was soft and subject to damage from silverware in normal use.

                  The better item was the bar ware Very nice tempered glass. One was missing when we got her and we broke one. That's how I know they were tempered. It turned into a million tiny cubes of glass

                  The few pieces of cutlery that were present were very poor quality stainless with blue melamine handles. Is that what you are looking for , or is there a different cutlery set?

                  All idle curiosity now that Blue Pearl has gone to younger sailors

                  Denece

                  Sent from my iPad
                • MarkH
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 3, 2013
                    --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Denece <sv_bluepearl@...> wrote:

                    > Let me look.
                    >
                    > Blue Pearl came with the melamine dishware and I took photos.
                    >
                    > Interestingly, we did not care for the dishes and could find no takers at the time so they ended at Goodwill! We had problems with the cups splitting when filled with hot coffee!
                    >
                    > We found Corelle dishes worked out very well for us. Perhaps there is a way to print the CN design on them? I would consider that ideal. The melamine was soft and subject to damage from silverware in normal use.
                    >
                    > The better item was the bar ware Very nice tempered glass. One was missing when we got her and we broke one. That's how I know they were tempered. It turned into a million tiny cubes of glass
                    >
                    > The few pieces of cutlery that were present were very poor quality stainless with blue melamine handles. Is that what you are looking for , or is there a different cutlery set?
                    >
                    > All idle curiosity now that Blue Pearl has gone to younger sailors
                    >
                    > Denece
                    >

                    > Sent from my iPad

                    This is sounding more like a novel curiosity than a quest. I wonder how much C&N charged for a set of this stuff? Possibly a promo-give away and not serious equipment of C&N caliber.
                  • Gary Noble
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 3, 2013
                      Hi Rutger
                      I remember the CN cutlery. It came with the larger yachts. We have the CN 30 -Whakarra. we could probably purchased a set but our finances were stretch when we purchased our boat in 1974. Yes the mugs/plates had the CN logo in red. I would be interested in a set. Great idea for the boats 40th anniversary next year in July.
                      Cheers Gary Noble
                      West Coast of Canada

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 3, 2013
                        Logo? Not sure I've seen the logo anywhere. Would love to make mugs if nothing else.

                        Best regards

                        Richard
                        King Malu N39-003

                        --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Gary Noble <noble.gary@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Rutger
                        > I remember the CN cutlery. It came with the larger yachts. We have the CN 30 -Whakarra. we could probably purchased a set but our finances were stretch when we purchased our boat in 1974. Yes the mugs/plates had the CN logo in red. I would be interested in a set. Great idea for the boats 40th anniversary next year in July.
                        > Cheers Gary Noble
                        > West Coast of Canada
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • Rory Rickard
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 4, 2013
                          Logo hopefully attached.

                          --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Gary Noble wrote:

                          > Hi Rutger
                          > I remember the CN cutlery. It came with the larger yachts. We have the CN 30 -Whakarra. we could probably purchased a set but our finances were stretch when we purchased our boat in 1974. Yes the mugs/plates had the CN logo in red. I would be interested in a set. Great idea for the boats 40th anniversary next year in July.
                          > Cheers Gary Noble
                          > West Coast of Canada
                          >

                          > ________________________________

                          ---
                          Rory Rickard, PhD, FRCS, FRCSEd(Plast)
                          Surgeon Commander Royal Navy

                          Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
                          Consultant Adviser in Plastic Surgery to the Medical Director General (Naval)
                          Senior Lecturer in Surgery, Royal Centre for Defence Medicine

                          Tel: +44 (0)1752 431515   |   Mob: +44 (0)7786 365347   |   Skype: roryrickard

                          Department of Plastic Surgery, MDHU Derriford, Derriford Hospital, PLYMOUTH, PL6 8DH, United Kingdom

                        • glenn rainey
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 4, 2013
                            Mugs are 'printable' here...

                            http://www.snapmad[dot]com/    about.php

                            I am not sure but these may come from channel Is.?

                            Glenn Rainey

                            Nic' 33 'Scenario'
                            Largs, Scotland

                          • swm4sf_1971_uk_sw
                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 14, 2014
                              Hi All,
                              Hi all,

                              The original melamine crockery for the production yachts was supplied by Swifts Of Exmouth. Back in the late 80's my Father contacted them, and they were able to supply new cups (identical in every way, bar the colour) and crockery (with the original compas artwork, but from a different mould), but were not willing to add the CN logo for us.

                              I tried to track Swifts Of Exmouth down not long ago, with a view to obtaining suitable corckery for my Nic 30, but unfortunately they are now long gone.
                            • mcverlaque
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 15, 2014
                                Our Nic 40 came with a lot of CN melamine dishes. They are in our attic (we are in the Bahamas).
                                Mary

                                Sent from my iPad
                              • Peter Jørgensen
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 15, 2014
                                  .......when we bought Addiena all the original cutlery was on board. My wife started a wery intens clean/clearing up in Addiena and when i carried up one of the trashbags i saw the CN ashtray in the trash............toke it up at once and asked Ulla why in the name...she had trown this out, “non of us is smoking and no one is alloved to smoke on board Addiena, thats why” She did´nt recognice the CN logo at this time. Now she does and the ashtray is still on board.

                                  Peter