Re: [campernicholson] Mainsheet system

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
      I can't seem to find a photo of the mainsheet system in my archive, but it was quite similar to the "Harken 4:1/16:1 Gross/Fine Tune Mainsheet System" which you can find on this page: http://www.apsltd.com/c-643-mainsheetsystems.aspx

      My "fine" system used fairly small blocks and a light spectra line, somewhat similar to what you might find in use as a vang system on a J22/J24, Shields or similar small keelboat.  The "gross" system was made from regular sized blocks and 7/16" double braid.

      Graham

      On 1/19/2013 3:17 PM, JOHN LARSON wrote:

      Graham,

      Do you have any photos of the mainsheet system you describe?  If so, could you post them.

      Thanks,

    • JOHN LARSON
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
        Thanks Graham.

        John

        To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2013
          Graham:

            Thanks for the advice. I'm going with the Harken 4:1/16:1 set-up to which you linked.

          Thanks also to everyone else who shared their thoughts. This is a great forum.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 28, 2013
            The trick is to make sure you leave the fine adjustment somewhere near the middle of it's range so you can go both out and in without two-blocking or running out of line!
            Graham