Re: Digest Number 261

  • Cristina N. Staats
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 1999
      Dennis & other CN owners:

      A few additional comments about the ssb radio.

      The SEA ssb radio is very good as are the ICOM 700 series ssb radios. Both will
      work with the SGC tuners w/o modification. The Icom tuner will only work with ICOM
      radios. If you change radio brands at a later date you will have to change tuners
      also.

      When running the GTO wire up the backstay it is preferable to have the wire
      standoff the backstay an inch or two. I made small spacers from 1/2 inch clear
      water tubing notching each end so the backstay would fit into one end and the GTO
      into the other notch. I hold them together with a small electrical tie. It took
      six of these spacers to reach the lower insulator.

      Happy sailing.

      Jack & Cris aboard Iona
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 1999
        I have a Waltz backstay pole for my radar. the pole runs from the deck up
        the backstay. Could I use that as the offset mount?
        Dennis Gibbons
        dennis-gibbons@...