RE: [campernicholson] Advice on Wintering Over in New England

  • JOHN LARSON
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2012
      Hi John and Gail,

      Sandy and I just returned to Minnesota after bringing Passport from Virginia to Lake Ontario.  It was a neat trip except for the heat.

      We found the pictures of Skye with the new paint among our e-mails.  It looks great!  Sandy says to tell you that if your new paint job is like  ours was, you'll get many compliments, which somewhat helps to  moderate the pain of the price of  having it done.

      John and Sandy Larson

    • Gary Noble
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 13, 2012

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 13, 2012
        Hi everyone,
        Whakarra, CN 30/hull 49/built 1974 at her haulout this July. Jeremy Rogers Co. did a great job on the moulding particularly the light and dark blue gel coat. This is the original gel coat being polished to its original luster. One cannot ask for better performance than that and there is still lots of life in the finish.
        We are the original owners and every fitting on the boat has shown a stellar performance.
        In our summer voyage we had a chance to visit a CN 31/built 1976/hull 19 in Montague Harbour. The boat is owned by an Australian couple who sailed from Australia up to Alaska and down the coast to Victoria B.C. At the end of the month they will sail back to Australia. This boat has had a previous trip to Australia by a previous B. C. owner and we could not believe the bristol condition of the boat.
        All for now. Kind regards Gary and Sandy Noble