Re: [campernicholson] Cockpit tent

  • arnesenr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 2, 2012
      Yes I have made one for Argonaut, it goes over the boom and fastens to the top wire. This one is made of a waterproof material with grommets on all corners and at suitable intervals. Ours fits over the bimini by having a cut out for the backstay. This way we have a veranda when it rains. The sprayhood goes down to get air through.
      We also have a light cotton tent for the other sunny days when all you want is shade. Hope that helps,

      Ralph

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 3, 2012
        Hi
        We had a tent made for Addiena. You should be able to see it on attachments.

        Peter

        Has anyone got a cockpit tent or had one fitted on a Nic 35, If so I would appreciate any details Photos ect,ect, Thanking anyone for any help.

      • Mickie Taylor
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 4, 2012
          Thank you Peter just what I wanted. Gordon

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 22, 2012
            Yes - I have made one for my nic35. Its a tent that is hung up underneath the boom, and secured with a rope from the boom and one from the aft-stay. Its simple and easy to pack away because there is just three slats (is it called that?) sewed in.
            I can send you a picture If you want it.
            Torbjørn Alveng

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 22, 2012
              Thank you for your kind offer of a photo, But I had sold the boat to a swedish man (deposit sent) so it was a ferm offer. and he wanted me to find out about a tent, he has now pulled out of the deal. So.