Re: New mast for "Andromeda" Mk V 1980 Nic 35

  • alveng
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7 1:33 AM
      Hello Jorgen!
      I have replacet the mast at Peldon Rose, 1973 Nic35. I have som advice to you about that. :-)
      Our yachts has the capabillity to sail a lot better, the rigging in the 70's was very careful, most cruisers can take a lot more sail in any winds.
      I got a sailmaker in Norway (Doyle sails) to design a new rig to my boat. It is 150 cm higher than the old one. Selden did the production, and I choosed to get a slim mast with mainsail furling. That is possible if You choose classic sails with a good quality. I did get me new sails at the same time, and I dont regret it at all. I have the drawing of the new rig, with measurements if You are interested. I think also that Selden Mast have the spesifications of my mast.
      Please let me know, and I can send it to you. There are some pictures also in here, I think the albums called Peldon Rose.
      If you want more information, please mail me at torbjorn.alveng@...
      Good luck!

      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "jveslov" <jveslov@...> wrote:

      > After 32 Years "Andromeda"'s mast has started to show defects which may or may not be possible to repair long term. In short she need a new mast.
      >
      > Recommendation, ideas, stay clear for a replacement mast - all comments appreciated.
      >
      > "Andromeda" will be sailing to the Baltic and back to UK this summer.
      >
      > Thank you and wish you all great sailing this summer.
      >
      > Jorgen

    • alveng
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7 4:15 AM
        I have uploaded the drawing of my new mast in a new folder under "files"
        Specs will arriwe later on!

        --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "jveslov" <jveslov@...> wrote:

        > After 32 Years "Andromeda"'s mast has started to show defects which may or may not be possible to repair long term. In short she need a new mast.
        >
        > Recommendation, ideas, stay clear for a replacement mast - all comments appreciated.
        >
        > "Andromeda" will be sailing to the Baltic and back to UK this summer.
        >
        > Thank you and wish you all great sailing this summer.
        >
        > Jorgen

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7 4:18 AM
          What kind of defects are you seeing on the mast?

          Richard