Soda blasting

  • galljj35
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2012
      Time to remove bottom paint - and the recent discussion about soda blasting was helpful.

      I have a question - Skye has already been peeled and barrier coated. Anybody know if the soda blasting would damage the barrier coat ?

    • MarkH
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2012
        --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "galljj35" <gall.john.j@...> wrote:

        > Time to remove bottom paint - and the recent discussion about soda blasting was helpful.
        >
        > I have a question - Skye has already been peeled and barrier coated. Anybody know if the soda blasting would damage the barrier coat ?

        Suggest you talk to the blaster. The magic is not in the wand but resides with the magician. It may also depend a lot on the antifouling paint. Some are easier to remove than others.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2012
          J,

          It's not supposed to, providing the blaster knows what he's doing and has his machine set up correctly.  Irrespective of that, some repairs may be necessary if there are any loose spots in the barrier coat.

          Graham