Re: [campernicholson] B&G Instruments available (free)

  • Jeffrey Moorman
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2012
      Thanks for the tip about the nmea converter, I will look into it. You may know of Myles already  http://myleselectronics.com/cgi-bin/MylesDB1/mylesgearTablelist.asp They have used and new 213 bits...

      Best,
      Jeff

      On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Colin Campbell-Dunlop <colin@...> wrote:

      No problem jeff understood. Sounds like your need is greater than mine.

      Are you aware of the excellent analogue to nmea converters built by Tinley Electronics in the UK?

      I installed them with our system so that we can run it all plugged in to our new Raymarine pilot. It even works on vane mode.....as long as your masthead unit works ok!

      Fortunately I have some spares for it but a new pcb is very expensive.

      Good luck installing the 'new' system.

      Best rgds

      Colin

      Managing Director
      Azure Consulting
      68 King William Street
      London
      EC4N 7DZ

      From: Jeffrey Moorman <scurrvydog@...>
      Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 11:15:08 -0500
      Subject: Re: [campernicholson] B&G Instruments available (free)

      Colin,

      Sorry, I have need of all of this windfall!
      I have a system installed that failed right out of the box (NAVMAN), and I would trust 20 year old B&G over anything (except NEW B&G).

      Best Regards,

      Jeff
      LaBoheme
      Nic 35 #39
      On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Colin Campbell-Dunlop <colin@...> wrote:

      So disappointed that I didn't respond to this in time as I really need a new 213 mast head unit. Jeff, do you need the whole lot or would you be prepared to split it up?

      Colin

      Trutz. 35/225

      Managing Director
      Azure Consulting
      68 King William Street
      London
      EC4N 7DZ

      From: "svlevity" <phrf201@...>
      Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 15:40:26 -0000

      Group,

      We have decided to update Levity's electronics, so her B&G system (circa 1986) is available to anyone who might need it for spares, for the cost of shipping. Details are given below. If you have any questions, just let me know.

      B&G Hunter System: Controller, two displays (depth/speed)

      One knotmeter transducer – incomplete (missing thru-hull)

      B&B Hornet/Hecta System: Controllers, repeaters, mast wiring for 50 ft. + mast. Tranducer and transponder, plus some misc. wiring. Masthead unit needs new fly.

      Steve Perry
      CN35 #80 Levity