  • sidmcdonough
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2011
      re CN 48-3

      Last month I had a behind mast roller furler installed by Omar Sails in Beaufort, North Carolina. The sailmaker Paul Lockwood, refers to it as his geriatric rig. It's probably appropriate since I'm in my 70's. In recent years my wife and I have been sailing with the jib and mizzen only. We've only sailed with the main when we've had guests who could help with the main. We sailed from Cape Fear to the Florida Keys with it and are reasonably pleased. It may need some rework. We'll know for certain when we sail her back to New England. The price was $6000 including a new sail with vertical battens.
    • Peter Jørgensen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2011
        Hi all
        Thanks for your answers.
        I would like to see the furler bom on your 48 CN
        I had decided not to paint the mast. I have seen it done before and i dont think i will ever be satisfied with the result. The aloxaltreatment i know and it´s a wery strong surface, but my doubt is if the 30 year old aluminium after all is to old for this treatment once again thinking of tension in the alu and so on. (perhaps things i don´t know about)
        The aloxal is strong and i can get it done for about 800 Dollars

        Peter
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2011
          Hi Peter,

          I don't have a camera with me but there is a picture of sloop with a behind the mast roller furler on the web site; omarsail.com. It looks essentially the same as the one on my CN ketch.

          Regards,

          Sid;

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 10, 2011
            Hi Sid

            Now i know what you are talking about :) happy
            I sow one of these in our vecation this summer.