Nic 35

  • Peter Jørgensen
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 11, 2011
      Hi all....

      We are thinking of buying an other more spacy boat and are therefore interested in knowing what will be a ideal price for our Nic 35 (Addiena)
      There is a guy in our local habour who is wery interested in buing her, but what is a fair price (for me) She is in a wery exelent condition. Brand new engine and a lot of other newer instalations.

      Peter
    • JOHN LARSON
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 12, 2011
        Hi Peter

        Without knowing the year of your boat, it's hard to give a recommendation.  Our 1973 with the original Perkins engine was valued by the surveyor at around $55,000.  Hope this helps.

        John
        s/v Passport
        CN 35-85

        To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 12, 2011
          Peter,
          If you get a ballpark figure let me know, please.  We will be listing Blue Pearl later this Fall and hope to get a fair price for her. It is not fun to see her stuck at the dock so much when she is such a fabulous ocean boat.

          Denece
        • Nic Vine
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 12, 2011
            Hi Peter

            We are on this group because we are planning to buy a Nic 35, we just have to sell our Jaguar 25 first - we are in the UK.

            We have been tracking the Nic 35s for sale - there have been quite a lot.  The prices are very different, depending on the age and state of the boat, in particular the hull, the engine & gearbox, and the rigging.  We have seen prices from £25,000 (total project) to £50,000 (immaculate).

            As someone else said, it all depends on a lot of details in the specification.

            Hope that helps.  If your local guy does not buy her, then please send us the details.

            rgds/Nic & Lesley

            Hi all....

            We are thinking of buying an other more spacy boat and are therefore interested in knowing what will be a ideal price for our Nic 35 (Addiena)
            There is a guy in our local habour who is wery interested in buing her, but what is a fair price (for me) She is in a wery exelent condition. Brand new engine and a lot of other newer instalations.

            Peter
          • taylormickie1947
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 12, 2011
              In the UK 1970s boats sell roughly depending on the inventory and condition from £42000 to £49000 I have a MK5 which is a 1983 with tall mast and superb inventory that can be seen at http://www.davidcookyachts.com/ with Photos and price it may help with it being a late model to give you an Idea Regards Gordon
            • Peter Jørgensen
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 12, 2011
                Hi again

                I can see that the price I actually had in mind (58000£) is perhaps too much.
                Addiena had new West system epoxy treatment last vinter along with a Yanmar 3JH4 39HP engine with a SD50 saildrive.
                Osmosis treatment on the wathertank as well. New teak in the cockpit this year covered by the new tent from last year;) winking
                The boat has hullnumber 187 an was build in 1979 and is in a exseptionel good condition with a Fog-blue hull and white top.
                Down below it´s the same.... good condition all over
                But I can see that we probably wont get the price we´re asking so we will probably sail Addiena many years to come.
                We had a Dufour 365 in mind. Nice boat, spacy but not the same "smell" off real boat:"> blushing.

                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 14, 2011
                  Dear Gordon,

                  If I have the right boat, then I note you have not owned Blue Days for very long. I spotted that you had an engine failure last year and hope that is not reason to put you off.

                  Perhaps I am going to be controvertial, but I could create a very strong arguement to suggest that £55,000 for Blue Days is not enough money. After all, from the pictures I can see she is in excellent condition and well speced, from sails, through hull and generally very tidy condition downstairs.
                  I would take the point that there are of course some examples of this like any mark which have not been looked after and the investment required to bring them up to condition would be reasonable.....however I know from the owners I have met that there are many of our boats in great shape.
                  Should we not be asking the question, what else can you buy on the second hand market that will do this type of a job, sail beautifully and go anywhere in the world?

                  In the UK for example, the only comparable boat still in production is the Rustler 36, which retails at anything north of £225,000, so why are we not asking £70,000 for a lovely boat such as Blue Days and other similar examples?

                  Regards
                  Simon
                  Blue Nava 35/177
                  Message 8 of 26 , Sep 14, 2011

                    I agree with you Simon.  Of course, a boat is ultimately only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.  However, your comparison with the Rustler 36 is valid.  They are still in build but cost a fortune and, in some respects are an inferior boat (my turn to whip up controversy) J.

                    There is, of course, a huge variation in condition/spec for the various Nic 35s that are on the market which has an obvious effect on final re-sale values but I would agree that around the £70k mark for a good Nic 35 in clean and tidy condition with a good inventory does not seem unreasonable.

                    Campers quite literally ‘broke the mould’ in the early 90s.  As a result, you cannot go and order another Nic 35 new.  That isn’t the case with the Contessa 32 and yet resale values of second hand boats hold up very well by comparison.

                    Colin

                    Trutz 35/225

                    “All boats are for sale…..except Trutz”

                    In the UK 1970s boats sell roughly depending on the inventory and condition from £42000 to £49000 I have a MK5 which is a 1983 with tall mast and superb inventory that can be seen at http://www.davidcookyachts.com/ with Photos and price it may help with it being a late model to give you an Idea Regards Gordon

                  • Jeffrey Moorman
                    Message 9 of 26 , Sep 14, 2011

                      I agree Simon!
                      Jeff
                      LaBoheme
                      Nic 35 #39

                      Message 10 of 26 , Sep 14, 2011
                        Hi All, It was the fan belt that shredded not the engine breaking down I bought the boat for a last fling as I am 77 and to realize my ambition to own one, and was going to take her down to the med, But common sense has prevailed along with other personal problems so she is for sale The best boat I have ever had, I just wish I had one when I was Younger. Kind Regards Gordon
                      • dave Brewer
                        Message 11 of 26 , Sep 17, 2011
                          Dear All,
                          Our Nic 35 #100 is for sale for £36,950.00, we have had five people look her over and no feedback !!
                          Perhaps we are not asking enough money as Silverfjord is in really good condition for her age  -  it's all very well asking high prices but if people haven't got the money then as someone said the yacht is only worth what someone will pay for it !!!
                          Because she is such a lovely boat she does attract a lot of dreamers.

                          Dave
                          Silverfjord Nic 35 #100

                          > If I have the right boat, then I note you have not owned Blue Days for very long. I spotted that you had an engine failure last year and hope that is not reason to put you off.
                          >
                          > Perhaps I am going to be controvertial, but I could create a very strong arguement to suggest that £55,000 for Blue Days is not enough money. After all, from the pictures I can see she is in excellent condition and well speced, from sails, through hull and generally very tidy condition downstairs.
                          > I would take the point that there are of course some examples of this like any mark which have not been looked after and the investment required to bring them up to condition would be reasonable.....however I know from the owners I have met that there are many of our boats in great shape.
                          > Should we not be asking the question, what else can you buy on the second hand market that will do this type of a job, sail beautifully and go anywhere in the world?
                          >
                          > In the UK for example, the only comparable boat still in production is the Rustler 36, which retails at anything north of £225,000, so why are we not asking £70,000 for a lovely boat such as Blue Days and other similar examples?
                          >
                          > Regards
                          > Simon
                          > Blue Nava 35/177

                        • Stephen Elphick
                          Message 12 of 26 , Sep 18, 2011
                            Dear Dave,

                            Could you let me know where your boat is advertised?

                            Thanks

                            Steve Elphick

                          • francis.howard@btinternet.com
                            Message 13 of 26 , Today at 8:58 AM

                              Hi all,

                              I am looking to fit a removable inner forestay on Vogel Gryff next winter and am interested to hear about others who have done it.

                              Where on the deck did you bring it down to? And did you strengthen up the deck or put a tie rod down to the stem. I was thinking of mounting an pad eye aft of the windlass pad.

                              How far down from the masthead did you mount the top end and what sort of fitting did you fabricate to take the forestay and the halyard. I was thinking about 18" down.

                              When not in use I was going to mount the stay on the frd lower shroud but will that chafe on the spreader?

                              Any thoughts would be very welcome.

                              With thanks,

                              Frank.

                            • JIM
                              Message 14 of 26 , Today at 10:51 AM
                                Frank

                                The previous owner installed a inner forestay on my boat.  The attachment point on the mast is at the approximate level of the spreaders.  On the deck, there is a pad eye just aft of the windlass bolted through the deck and backing plated.  The backing plate is further reinforced below deck with a short jack stay that extends from the plate through the forepeak platform to a 1/4 inch aluminum plate glassed on it's edge into the stem.

                                The stay itself is in two pieces, a traditional stay plus a short removable piece of maybe 2 feet that contains a rigging screw with two handles that flip up from the screw so that it can be tightened/adjusted without tools.   Here's a link to one that is similar http://www.fisheriessupply.com/johnson-marine-handy-lock-backstay-and-inner-forestay-turnbuckles

                                This set up makes the main part of the stay short enough to be stored along the front of the mast when not in use.  It takes just a couple of minutes to attach the rigging screw piece and to tension it.

                                Jim
                                S/V Alegria
                                CN 35 #68

                                To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 26 , Today at 10:52 AM

                                  Frank,

                                  The 35 was designed to have a removable Solent Stay (wire halyard) taken up on a pad eye near the anchor windlass.  It's a flexible solution and doesn't encumber you with a full fledged inner forestay and runners.

                                  I believe a good search of the archives will turn up prior discussion.

                                  Graham