RE: [campernicholson] Engineer for Nixie?

  • Colin Campbell-Dunlop
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2011

      Hi Bob,

      I have never used the engineer in Brighton but my uncle kept his boat there for a while and had a bad experience with an engine installation.

      I use a chap called Dick Woodruff who has his workshop at Birdham Pool.  You are probably a bit off of his patch.  However, if it is just the seals on the Hurth I may be able to offer some advice.

      We had the gearbox out on Trutz a while back for exactly the same job.  Dick removed the gearbox and it went to Lancing Marine in Lancing which is pretty local to you.  They did a full strip down, checked the clutchpacks and all other parts. They sleeved both ends of the output shaft and put in new seals.  Gearbox is now as good as new and we don’t lose any fluid.

      Lancing’s bill was just under £400 with Dick’s time on top but it wasn’t unreasonable.

      Rgds

      Colin