chocks

  • william_11794
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2011
      hi,

      While crossing the Gulf of Maine and towing my inflatable dinghy I reipped out and lost my stern mooring chock. Joint Custody is a 1985 Nich 35 hull number 219 that we have owned since launch. It is based in Belfast, Maine, US. The chock is brushed stainless, skene type about 6.25 inches long. I have been unable to find one in the US. Does anyone have any suggestions about a replacement. The chock was just screwed into the wood toe rail through a stainless steel thin plate under the chock.
    • Adrian Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2011
        I lost a fairlead that I had fitted to the stern capping rail in the same way. Mine however took half of the teak rail with it. I was told that they do not make them any more but I managed to scrounge one from a friend. Try second hand chandlery or you may just have to replace the pair.
        Good luck with the search, Adrian Turner, Coriander, South coast UK.
      • MarkH
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2011
          good luck withthe search. If you are determined but unsuccessful you might try having one cast. we had several special parts cast by small foundaries in the last 20 years.

          --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Adrian Turner <ajtplanet@...> wrote:

          > I lost a fairlead that I had fitted to the stern capping rail in the same way. Mine however took half of the teak rail with it. I was told that they do not make them any more but I managed to scrounge one from a friend. Try second hand chandlery or you may just have to replace the pair.
          > Good luck with the search, Adrian Turner, Coriander, South coast UK.

        • campernic
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 12, 2014
            Write a message...