Re: Inner Forestay

  • MarkH
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 28, 2011
      Gary,
      We have both upper and lower spreaders. Our storm jib is set on the stay to the upper spreaders as I described. There is also a lower inside stay from the lower spreaders to the deck. No sail here. This is a nice rig with lots of options. Both roller furlers have double tracks but that is sort of pointless without crew to change sails. The other thing about that is the jib weighs 140 kilo so it stays where it is. The only fault I can find is tacking the 135 (or any) genoa is not easy. The genoa is Yankee cut with very high clew and the thing hangs up on the cutter stay every time. In moderate winds I gybe so the wind can carry the clew forward. A solent rig would solve this for a boat that did not need the inside (cutter)) stay.