Re: [campernicholson] Jabsco water pump on Piranha 4

    Message 1 of 20 , May 30 4:19 PM
      Depco sells a Johnson pump that mounts on the end of the crankshaft.

      Graham

      On 05/29/2011 12:22 PM, Jean-F. Regnard wrote:

      Dear all,

      The jabsco water pump (#6490-132) that is fixed on my Piranha4 (Petter engine) has to be changed. Unfortunately Jabsco no longer makes them. Has any of you encountered that problem and could offer me some solution ?

      Jean-Francois REGNARD
       (Nic 35 #207 currently in  Bordeaux, FR)

      Skype ID : jf.regnard
      Ph : +33-613-176-149

      Message 2 of 20 , May 30 4:20 PM
        Never used a Rocna, although my boss swears by his.  A Delta fits the Nic35 bow roller pretty well.

        Graham

        On 05/27/2011 12:32 PM, wbenjamin@... wrote:
        hi graham
        this is off this topic but i have a question. I have a nic 35 number 219 that we have owned and sailed since 1985. Now that i am almost 78 i find it difficult to hoarse the CQR 35 bow anchor over the bow roller as the shank often gets wedged in the bow roller track. We have a nice Lewmar electric anchor winch on the foredeck so it is only the last part particularly if the flukes are loaded with mud and it is just too heavy for me. I heard that maybe the Rocna anchor fits better. Do you have any info?
        William B. Benjamin M.D.

      • Thomas J. Stanton
        Message 3 of 20 , May 31 7:42 AM
          Jean-Francois,

          I recently replaced mine and have seen them (in the same difficult to access configuration would, would you believe?) on the new vw marine engines.  Jabsco has changed the model #, attached is a link to a british site that has them.

          Tom Stanton
          Discovery
          C & N 40 ac
          Annapolis, MD

          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 1, 2011
            I noticed that ROCNA seems to recommend about one-up on sizes at least. We have 75 # CQR but Rocna recommends 55 or 70 (kg) for our boat. Maybe that is part of how they get great results.
          • Brian Stannard
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 1, 2011
              Mark

              What boat do you have?

              --
              Brian
              Living aboard in Victoria
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 1, 2011
                Camper & Nicholson 58 Ketch; 55,000 disp; 72,000 # on the crane hook.
              • Brian Stannard
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 1, 2011
                  Mark

                  I read it as Rocna 55 for a 59' boat under 50 tons.

                  It is the first manufacturer's anchor guide I have seen that isn't a joke. I agree with Steve Dashew who says you should start by doubling what most manufacturers suggest and go up from there. Steve now uses a Rocna.