Fitting a calorifier (hot water tank)

  • b_a_t_e_a_u
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2011
      My boat has a Watermota Sea Panther which is working fine (warm climate) so far.

      I want to fit a calorifier and so need to attach hot water hoses from the engine to the calorifier. I contacted Stephenson Marine in Devon,UK and found there is provision for attaching a calorifier. They say that all I need to do is take out the plugs from near the thermostat housing and and engine water pump and replace the plugs with pipe fittings. Once the pipe fittings are in place it is then a simple matter of connecting up the calorifier.

      I just wanted to know has anybody done this on a Watermota? If it was done for you, does anyone have a photo of how this hooks up? The Watermota manual is a little sketchy and I am not sure if it shows the plugs. What size are the plugs? (SM did not know) I don't want to connect it the wrong way. Any advice would be helpful. I have not done this before.

      Regards