Re: Welcome to campernicholson@onelist.com

  • stevan oswill
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 21, 1999
      Hi Denece, thanks for the welcome. I'm a new owner of a CN32. I live in
      Portland, OR and the boat is berthed in Astoria, OR.

      I was looking through the message arhive and noticed a reference to Bodega
      Bay and Monterey in one of your messages. I'm assuming the you must be in
      the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm originally from the East Bay and relocated
      to Portland about 20 years ago although my parents are still in San Leandro
      and I visit them periodically each year. I sailed as a kid on the San
      Francisco Bay and still have fond memories of those days.

      I look forward to corresponding with other CN owners and picking their
      brains about fixes/upgrades to my boat.

      Do you ever take your boat to the San Jauns?

      Stevan Oswill

      >From: campernicholson-owner@onelist.com
      >To: stevan_oswill@...
      >Subject: [campernicholson] Welcome to campernicholson@onelist.com
      >Date: 21 Sep 1999 15:25:30 -0000
      >
      >Hello,
      >
      >Welcome aboard the CamperNicholson list. The members of this
      > list include those who own or sail a Camper and those who simply
      > have an interest in one of the world's finest yachts. This list has no
      > affiliation with the Camper Nicholson Company, we are a group of
      > enthusiasts. However, we will be glad to furnish contact information
      > if you wish to contact the builders and do not know how to do so.
      >Be sure to let us know who you are and don't hesitate to ask questions.
      >We are all in the same boat here!
      >
      >Now, Please take a moment to review this message.
      >
      >To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
      >www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from the menu bar
      >on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
      >between digest and normal mode.
      >
      >Please keep all posts on topic. If you fail to do so, you will be
      >unsubscribed from the list.
      >

      >Thanks,
      >
      >Denece Vincent -sv- Blue Pearl CN35 #163
      >The List Owner

    • Mitch Traphagen
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 23, 1999
        Hello Stevan -

        Welcome to the list! Michelle and I live aboard our Nic 32, Hetty Brace.

        Are you aware of the Nic 32 Association? It's quite active and they have a
        great web site with a members only section that includes a ton of information
        about our boats - everything from articles by C&N to technical drawings to
        articles by owners who've made modifications, etc. If you'd like more info,
        just e-mail me at hettybrace@...

        Again, welcome!

        Mitch
        S/V Hetty Brace
        Nicholson 32
        Tampa, Florida

        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 23, 1999
          Mitch, thanks for the kind welcome. I am aware of the Nic 32 Association and
          have already asked for information about joining.

          I've read about the exploits of your family and boat on the web and applaud
          your efforts to follow your dream. I notice that in the specifications for
          your boat that you have a 40 gal fuel tank. The tank on my boat is only 18
          gal which is less than I'd like. What kind of fuel tank do you have
          installed and where?

          I live in Portland, OR and my boat (CN32 MK 10, "Iris") is berthed in
          Astoria, OR at the mouth of the Columbia River. I already have plans to move
          the boat to the San Juans for the spring/summer next year. Eventually I want
          to take the boat south to Baja California and the Sea of Cortez. After that
          - who knows.

          Please keep up the web site for those of us who haven't yet managed to
          escape the rat race. Buying this boat is the first step for me along that
          path. I'm also in the midst of changing my career from full time employment
          in the Information Technology field to consulting to give me more time off
          to enjoy myself.

          Please keep in touch and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

          Regards,

          Stevan Oswill

        • evatt@xxxxxxxxx.xxxx
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 26, 1999
            I have a PSS shaft seal on my Nicholson 31. I don't see how a PSS shaft
            seal can score a shaft. The shaft turns inside of the bellows part of the
            PSS which is attached to the stern tube by hose clamps; the inboard end of
            the bellows has a graphite
            face which doesn't touch anything except the face of the stainless "donut" .
            The stainless "donut" part of the PSS is held in position on the shaft by
            allen screws set at
            a 90 degree angle with two nitrile O rings inside the donut against the
            shaft. The "spring" pressure of the PSS
            bellows pushes the carbon flange end of the bellows lightly against the
            stainless donut which is rotating with the shaft. The faces of the carbon
            flange and the donut "seat" upon initial installation and form the
            watertight seal.
            There really can't be any scoring of the shaft, especially compared to
            conventional stuffing
            boxes/glands which rely on pressure of a flax or teflon material pressed
            against the shaft to keep the water out. The shaft is always wearing against
            the packing material in
            a conventional stuffing box. I love the PSS. After 12 years of
            contortionist stuffing box tightening, I 'm glad to have a dry bilge and no
            maintenance on this hard to reach part. Check out the PSS web site.

            Harrison
          • Bryan Thiessen
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 14, 1999
              Thank-you for the welcome message. I am the owner of a Nicholson 32 MKVII
              "Slipper of Emsworth", living in the south of England. I learned of your
              site from our Nicholson 32 Association site and am keen to take a look.
              Regards,
              Bryan Thiessen
              >Welcome aboard the CamperNicholson list. The members of this
              > list include those who own or sail a Camper and those who simply
              > have an interest in one of the world's finest yachts. This list has no
              > affiliation with the Camper Nicholson Company, we are a group of
              > enthusiasts. However, we will be glad to furnish contact information
              > if you wish to contact the builders and do not know how to do so.
              >Be sure to let us know who you are and don't hesitate to ask questions.
              >We are all in the same boat here!
              >
              >Now, Please take a moment to review this message.
              >
              >To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
              >www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from the menu bar
              >on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
              >between digest and normal mode.
              >
              >Please keep all posts on topic. If you fail to do so, you will be
              >unsubscribed from the list.
              >

              >Thanks,
              >
              >Denece Vincent -sv- Blue Pearl CN35 #163
              >The List Owner

            • Steve Titcomb
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 17, 1999
                Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'd appreciate information on how to contact
                the yard directly. Thanks.
                Steve & Elaine Titcomb
                Owners of Nicholson 31, 'October'
              • York-Miller, Michael
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 17, 1999
                  Steve,
                  The e-mail address for C&N Gosport, UK (which is presumably what you
                  require) is:
                  sales@... <mailto:sales@...>
                  if you need their phone number I can get it for you.
                  Mike York-Miller ("Vortex")

                  Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'd appreciate information on how to
                  contact
                  the yard directly. Thanks.
                  Steve & Elaine Titcomb
                  Owners of Nicholson 31, 'October'

                  forms and passwords with just one click! Comes with $50 in free
                  coupons!