CN39 - location of HIN (Hull Identification Number) ?

  • Noufi
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 1, 2011
      Greetings,

      We own the CN39 #61 built in 1979.

      I am trying to locate its HIN (Hull Identification Number).

      Can anyone hint where I should be looking for that number?

      Thanks in advance,
      Noufi
    • William E. Roesner
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 13, 2011
        Gentlemen, and Richard, and Mark H,
        The Lloyds  certificate shown on Roxy,  HCC , is a 'Hull Construction Certificate', issued by Lloyds Register of Classed Yachts. It is defined in the Lloyds Register of Classed Yachts as follows:  " When all outstanding applicable items shown on the HMN ( Hull Molding Note ) are examined and found satisfactory by the Society's Surveyors, a Hull Construction Certificate will be issued to the Moulder / Builder."
        A HMN ( Hull Molding Note ) is defined as follows:  " A Hull Moulding Note, showing basic items of construction from moulded hull to the completed yacht considered essential to the hull serviceability, will be issued to the Moulder/ Builder to cover items inspected by the Society's Surveyors. This NOTE is not a Certificate."
        In addition to the above there could have been issued a MIC ( Machinery Installation Certificate ) " When the machinery and electrical equipment have been installed under the supervision of the Society's Surveyors, a Machinery Installation Certificate will be issued to the Moulder / Builder."
        At that time ( I'm not sure about these days - 2011 ), it was the rule that,.. " Any yacht which holds an HCC and MIC is eligible to receive an LRBC ( Lloyds Register Building Certificate ) and have the particulars entered in the 'Register of Classed Yachts' for one year.
        I think that the HCC and MIC designations were provided by the builder and that the LRBC was bought as a part of a systematic construction survey purchased by each owner starting before building.
        Registry was then known and called 'Classification', and a yacht then would be 'registered' under a variety of designations / classes such as R, +100, +100A1, +100A1- LMC, +100A1+LMC, and published as such in the Annual ' Lloyds Register of Classed Yachts'.
        The LMC ( Lloyds Machinery Certificate )  " This class is assigned to machinery which is of standard mass production and is not surveyed at the makers works but is satisfactorily installed in accordance with the society's ' Rules and Regulations for the Classification of Yachts and Small Craft' ". The +LMC Certification was for machinery it self built under survey, as well as for it's installation.
        The size of yacht was not a factor.  My own boat , a Nicholson 31 built in 1982, was built under full Lloyds supervision and was classed +100A1-LMC, but because I did not continue to have the ' periodic updating surveys' was deleted from the Register in, ( I think ),  1986.
        Bill Roesner
        SV Blueprint  +100A1-LMC
        CN 31-113

        On Apr 12, 2011, at 3:19 AM, Richard wrote:

        I added photos of our LLoyd's tag and the CNL Yard tag. These are at the companion way steps.

        Interesting... very different to our build plate:

        What is the Lloyds registration? How do you get that?

        Richard