Re: Nichs in Greece

  • Simon Roper
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011

      Sounds like a plan - I'll be out for most of the summer from April onwards.Look forward to a beer in the 'Velcro' Bay yacht club!

      Good luck with selling your CN35

      Simon
      --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Katie and Simon <katieandsimon@...> wrote:

      > Hi Simon,
      > Great idea! Gin Rummy is nearby in Preveza, but we're bringing our new boat over from New York this summer and won't reach the Ionian before August. We'd be up for a meet in September or October, maybe in Vlicko Bay. How does that sound? (If we've sold her by then, perhaps the new owners will join too!)
      > Let's see if we can get a quorum.
      > SimonGin Rummy, CN35-202
      > To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
      > From: simon.roper@...
      > Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:43:47 +0000
      > Subject: [campernicholson] Nichs in Greece

      > I'm in Lefkas on a 1972 Nich 48 - who else is in Greece and is interested in a possible Nich owners meet from April onwards?
      >

      > best Simon

    • Jean-F. Regnard
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011
        Simon,
        Dark Lady (CN35 #207) is currently in Bordeaux (FR). I wish to sail her  to greece. How good is the Preveza marina ? Would you recommend it ?
        Thank you !

        Jean-Francois REGNARD

        Skype ID : jf.regnard
        Ph : +33-613-176-149

        From: simon.roper@...
        Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:43:47 +0000
        Subject: [campernicholson] Nichs in Greece

        I'm in Lefkas on a 1972 Nich 48 - who else is in Greece and is interested in a possible Nich owners meet from April onwards?

        best Simon

      • Katie and Simon
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011
          Hi Jean-Francois,

          The Ionian is a very popular cruising ground and there are plenty of marinas and boatyards in the area. At Preveza there are 3 yards which are mainly for hauling and storing boats over the winter, with some limited marina facilities. Nearby there are big marinas at Gouvia (Corfu) and Lefkas, and lots of other places to park your boat. When we are in the Ionian we avoid the marinas (expensive) and stay at anchor or tied to the town docks (as this is generally free of charge).

          Bear in mind that the Ionian is a popular charter destination so it's very crowded during the season. But we usually manage to find quieter spots that the charter fleets don't know about. It's a beautiful cruising ground.

          See you there!

          Simon

          To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com

          From: simon.roper@...
          Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:43:47 +0000

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011
            Thanks Simon. We'll look out for you.

            Simon

            To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
            From: simon.roper@...
            Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:28:35 +0000
            Subject: [campernicholson] Re: Nichs in Greece

            Simon

            Sounds like a plan - I'll be out for most of the summer from April onwards.Look forward to a beer in the 'Velcro' Bay yacht club!

            Good luck with selling your CN35

            Simon
            --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Katie and Simon <katieandsimon@...> wrote:

            > Hi Simon,
            > Great idea! Gin Rummy is nearby in Preveza, but we're bringing our new boat over from New York this summer and won't reach the Ionian before August. We'd be up for a meet in September or October, maybe in Vlicko Bay. How does that sound? (If we've sold her by then, perhaps the new owners will join too!)
            > Let's see if we can get a quorum.
            > SimonGin Rummy, CN35-202
            > To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
            > From: simon.roper@...
            > Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:43:47 +0000
            > Subject: [campernicholson] Nichs in Greece

            > I'm in Lefkas on a 1972 Nich 48 - who else is in Greece and is interested in a possible Nich owners meet from April onwards?
            >

            > best Simon

          • Simon Roper
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2011
              Can only echo what (the other!) Simon has said - fantastic cruising ground!