Re: [campernicholson] Re: Nic35 in South East Asia

  • Peter Jørgensen
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 28, 2011
      Hi Klaus..... so we made a litle "røre i andedammen" (trouble) yesterday
      Did You get the mail about the prices on the same work on the boat in Denmark???? I cant find anywere now

      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 28, 2011
        Hi Peter,

        No I did not get the mail with prices in Denmark. That would be nice to know what the prices are in Denmark
        br
        Klaus

        Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 28, 2011

          Klaus
          ......The price on the osmosisrepair is cheap (your price) in Denmark we paid a litle over 12000 kr just for the material on that treatment, then you can add the timepay, but we did the work ourself.
          Painting the boat would here in DK cost about 45-50000 plus tax. So my best shot is a saving about 40-60000 KR on these two things.and yet some more, thinking on the teak toerail (on this i´m eager to know the price cause our´s is to be changed in a couple off years)
          I have a Garmin 2006 chartplotter with a Bluechart card covering Denmark and east of Sweden, do You think there is anyone out there in the far east having the skills on extendig this card to cover the hole north skandinavia DK, Norway and Sweden ? Just thougt you might heard of someone ?

          Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 28, 2011
            We put a new bottom on our 58 ourselves. It took about all summer working mid afternoon till dark most days. I didn't realize how bad it was at the start or I would have begun with a pealer. We consumed about 5 gallons of West Epoxy and fillers. Don't be afraid to use a very agressive right angle sander. Final sanding with a 9" wheel and 40 grit took only a day! Big tool - short job. The most expensive part was Interprotect 2000E for 6 coats. 3 gallons per coat. We also did all of the prep work above the waterline to the toe rail and had Michelangelo at Torresen Marine spray the Awl Grip. The prep work we did was well worth the effort. Material and labor for a fabulous result sa 10,000 US dollars. My cousin paid 50,000 in Thailand 5 year ago for the total job on his Camper 58 so we are well pleased. We also stripped both masts and re-finished with PERFECTION 2-part urethane. Its tricky to apply and must go on in several thin coats.
          • Klaus Philipsen
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 28, 2011
              Peter,
              Thanks for the info.
              About the 45.000-50.000 DKK + vat (60.000 dkk incl vat - 11.000 US$) for paint that is just the topside hull right? (not incl deck) - if so thats insanely expensive Sad smile emoticon
              My price here is 165.000 thb for topside that is 29.500 DKK (5.500 US$)  (vat is not an issue here Smile emoticon)
              Deck is about same price - but I consider not to have the deck done (finances are tight).
              It still has the original egg-blue colur on the deck and I sort of like the idea of that original color.
              If anyone has a good hint how to fresh up the deck I appreciate any good ideas.

              About the teak rail.
              There are two types on the Boat. The rail all around the boat and two rails in the middle of the deck clos to the mast.
              I have not got the price yet, but I know it will be cheap. When I get the price I will let you know.
              It might be that it can pay off for you to have it made here and shipped to Denmark. (could be split in 2 or three for shipping and still mounted so it looks nice)
              It might also be that the price can even further down if they make two sets at the same time.
              In any instance im willing to help you on that if so, and I have the contacts to import to DK.
              I work for a Danish company (Hi-Fi Klubben retail hi-fi chain) and do all their China products with import and logistics from my home here in Thailand.

              About the Garmin Map.
              No I can not help you on that. The whole GPS thing hardly evolved here and the sailing is not a local thing. Sailing is hardly seen here - all sailors you meet are foreingers. Generally everything that has to do with GPS is very expensive here (compared to DK) also car GPS:

              br
              Klaus

              Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 28, 2011
                Mark,
                Mine is a NIC35 so almost half size your Ship Smile emoticon. Price for the whole bottom hull is 2500 US$ which I think is very resonable.
                Mine is also a total peel off.
                Your cousin probably had it done in Phuket. They are infamous for being expensive for this region. There are 3-4 yards there and they pump up the prices because its only foreingers "passing by" that have work done there. And they think all boat owners are millionaires - which you cant blame them when you see a Marina i Phuket. Its filled with insanely big and expensive boats (most never move an inch - just sit there)

                I have my work done in Satun and many world travellers have a stop there for refit etc.
                Right now there are 6 couples in the yard with boats. US, Australian and UK couples leaving the boat there for some month to have refit done.
                Satun is a small province in the South of Thailand, close to the Malaysian border. Very friendly and nice people and a good atmosphere.
                If anyone need work done and are in this area - here is a link.

                br
                Klaus

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 28, 2011
                  Peter,
                  Your boat is a NIC35 also right ? (I suddenly realized that I was not sure)

                  Klaus

                  Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 1, 2011
                  Hi Klaus
                  Yes it´s a Nic.35

                  Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

                  Message 9 of 23 , Mar 1, 2011
                    Uhhhh - looks GREAT Smile emoticon

                    Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:48 PM
                    Subject: Re: [campernicholson] Re: Nic35 in South East Asia [2 Attachments]

                    Hi Klaus
                    Yes it´s a Nic.35

                    Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

                    Message 10 of 23 , Mar 2, 2011
                      Hi Klaus
                      I missed the last part of your mail, therefore I first answer you now. The thing about refreshing the deck I dont remember but I have heard about somthing chemical that kan remove old wax and other kind of dirt after that there must be something to seal the coat. I have always been told not to use wax on the deck, it will make the deck slippery.
                      About the teakwork I would be greatfull if we could find somthing out. Perhaps one fall I could rip off our teak rail and send it over to you, but we can talk about this later.
                      Perhaps You will be in Denmark? If so we could meet if You would like to see Addiena

                      Peter

                      Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

                      Message 11 of 23 , Mar 3, 2011
                        Hi Peter
                        You say painting the boat in Denmark is 45-50.000 plus tax - is that for Topside hull only or is it including painting of Deck as well?
                        Im not sure I got the answer to that.

                        Br
                        Klaus

                        Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM

                        Message 12 of 23 , Mar 3, 2011
                          Yes lets meet and I can have a look at your teak and can take photos of mine and compare.
                          I will be in Denmark the whole summer.
                          When in Denmark I live on Nord Falster but also spend some time at the company I work for in Aarhus

                          Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 6:42 PM