Re: transmissions

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 1999
      It doesn't matter any more. Good old Dexon III is fine. I overfill the
      trans during the winter and drain it back down to the proper level in the
      spring. I think this helps prevent corrosion
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 1999
        thanks Dennis for the info. I found out type A was the old old spec for G.M.
        Sounds like a good idea filling to top for the winter. Alicia and I both hate
        the thought of not sailing for 6 months but next winter we plan on going
        south.....Something to dream about in the dark and cold. thanks again Gary