transmissions

  • fgmallak@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 1999
      hi everyone...geting ready to take my 1981 cn35 out for the winter and need to
      know what type fuild is used in the trans? it has the letters ATF_A marked
      on it and looks like automatic transmission fuild but the A has me stumped. any help or specs would be great.thanks gary
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 1999
        It doesn't matter any more. Good old Dexon III is fine. I overfill the
        trans during the winter and drain it back down to the proper level in the
        spring. I think this helps prevent corrosion
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 1999
          thanks Dennis for the info. I found out type A was the old old spec for G.M.
          Sounds like a good idea filling to top for the winter. Alicia and I both hate
          the thought of not sailing for 6 months but next winter we plan on going
          south.....Something to dream about in the dark and cold. thanks again Gary