**URGENT** TRANSMISSION PARTS NEEDED

  • Cristina N. Staats
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 1999
      oDear Group,
      We are in Nyack New York at the Petersen Boat Yard. Our
      transmission has died and we are urgently in need of parts to fix it.
      The yard, here, has called Italy and England in search of parts but so
      far, has come up cold. Parts for our 23 year old v-drive
      transmission, it seems, are not to be found in any of the usual boat
      yard sources. Does anyone out there know of a source for parts, or do
      any of you have parts?? Here is what the yard says we need:

      For Hurth HBW 15-2.8 RV

      all bearings
      2 clutch packs
      1 gear--under the clutch pack
      4 roller bearings--under clutch pack
      1 input shaft seal
      top cover gasket
      back cover gasket

      If anyone knows where or how to get ahold of these parts, please call
      the boat yard at 914-358 2100, or fax them. 914-358-2105,at or email
      the yard manager at nicholas.miller@... or
      petersens@...

      We are under the gun and need to find parts by Monday. We urgently need
      your help. The other possible solution is to repower, but we would
      rather fix this transmission if possible.

      Thank you for your help. "Iona"