Re: [campernicholson] Cockpit tent

  • Peter Jørgensen
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 28, 2010
    Hi Dave.

    Here are some photos as promised......

    Regards Peter

    From: davejbrewer <davejbrewer@...>
    To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Wed, August 25, 2010 11:15:51 AM
    Subject: [campernicholson] Cockpit tent

    Hi,
    we are considering a full cockpit tent for SILVERFJORD and were wondering if anyone has already got one or has any ideas or suggestions for one.
    Thanks in advance

    Dave
    SILVERFJORD
    Nic 35 #100

  • Gary Noble
    Message 2 of 18 , Sep 4, 2010
      Hi Peter, nice job as the lines are great. Given us some ideas for our CN 30. Gary Noble

      Message 3 of 18 , Sep 8, 2010
        Thanks very much for the photos Peter, your Nic looks great .
        Quite a few ideas to go through now before handing the project over to our son who has set up his own Sail and cover making company in Swansea after working for a leading British sailmaker for many years (Hope nobody objects to a plug for him )
        Will post some photos as soon as the cover is complete .

        Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11, 2010
          Thank You Dave.
          The money spent on a tent like this is worth it all. And I could imagine that you some how could get some kind of familydiscount.

          Peter

          Message 5 of 18 , Jun 2, 2012
            Has anyone got a cockpit tent or had one fitted on a Nic 35, If so I would appreciate any details Photos ect,ect, Thanking anyone for any help.
          • arnesenr@aol.com
            Message 6 of 18 , Jun 2, 2012
              Yes I have made one for Argonaut, it goes over the boom and fastens to the top wire. This one is made of a waterproof material with grommets on all corners and at suitable intervals. Ours fits over the bimini by having a cut out for the backstay. This way we have a veranda when it rains. The sprayhood goes down to get air through.
              We also have a light cotton tent for the other sunny days when all you want is shade. Hope that helps,

              Ralph

              Message 7 of 18 , Jun 3, 2012
                Hi
                We had a tent made for Addiena. You should be able to see it on attachments.

                Peter

                Has anyone got a cockpit tent or had one fitted on a Nic 35, If so I would appreciate any details Photos ect,ect, Thanking anyone for any help.

              • Mickie Taylor
                Message 8 of 18 , Jun 4, 2012
                  Thank you Peter just what I wanted. Gordon

                  Message 9 of 18 , Jun 22, 2012
                    Yes - I have made one for my nic35. Its a tent that is hung up underneath the boom, and secured with a rope from the boom and one from the aft-stay. Its simple and easy to pack away because there is just three slats (is it called that?) sewed in.
                    I can send you a picture If you want it.
                    Torbjørn Alveng

                    Message 10 of 18 , Jun 22, 2012
                      Thank you for your kind offer of a photo, But I had sold the boat to a swedish man (deposit sent) so it was a ferm offer. and he wanted me to find out about a tent, he has now pulled out of the deal. So.