Re: Welcome to campernicholson@onelist.com

  • R. van Zoest
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 3, 1999
      nice to come across this list , as its good to use a computer for the most
      enjoyable hobby as sailing a nic 35.
      we own horsefeathers, hull no 166 since 96. bought her in the caribbean and
      cruised there for 6 months. we had her sailed back to the netherlands and
      now cruise her on a holiday and weekend basis in colder waters.
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 3, 1999
        Gee, Blue Pearl is hull #163 so we're close 'relatives'. Have you changed
        much since you got her? I'm espescially curious if you've fitted a heater?
        If so what type and where did you put it?
        All Ears!
        Denece
      • stevan oswill
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 21, 1999
          Hi Denece, thanks for the welcome. I'm a new owner of a CN32. I live in
          Portland, OR and the boat is berthed in Astoria, OR.

          I was looking through the message arhive and noticed a reference to Bodega
          Bay and Monterey in one of your messages. I'm assuming the you must be in
          the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm originally from the East Bay and relocated
          to Portland about 20 years ago although my parents are still in San Leandro
          and I visit them periodically each year. I sailed as a kid on the San
          Francisco Bay and still have fond memories of those days.

          I look forward to corresponding with other CN owners and picking their
          brains about fixes/upgrades to my boat.

          Do you ever take your boat to the San Jauns?

          Stevan Oswill

          >From: campernicholson-owner@onelist.com
          >To: stevan_oswill@...
          >Subject: [campernicholson] Welcome to campernicholson@onelist.com
          >Date: 21 Sep 1999 15:25:30 -0000
          >
          >Hello,
          >
          >Welcome aboard the CamperNicholson list. The members of this
          > list include those who own or sail a Camper and those who simply
          > have an interest in one of the world's finest yachts. This list has no
          > affiliation with the Camper Nicholson Company, we are a group of
          > enthusiasts. However, we will be glad to furnish contact information
          > if you wish to contact the builders and do not know how to do so.
          >Be sure to let us know who you are and don't hesitate to ask questions.
          >We are all in the same boat here!
          >
          >Now, Please take a moment to review this message.
          >
          >To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
          >www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from the menu bar
          >on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
          >between digest and normal mode.
          >
          >Please keep all posts on topic. If you fail to do so, you will be
          >unsubscribed from the list.
          >

          >Thanks,
          >
          >Denece Vincent -sv- Blue Pearl CN35 #163
          >The List Owner

        • Mitch Traphagen
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 23, 1999
            Hello Stevan -

            Welcome to the list! Michelle and I live aboard our Nic 32, Hetty Brace.

            Are you aware of the Nic 32 Association? It's quite active and they have a
            great web site with a members only section that includes a ton of information
            about our boats - everything from articles by C&N to technical drawings to
            articles by owners who've made modifications, etc. If you'd like more info,
            just e-mail me at hettybrace@...

            Again, welcome!

            Mitch
            S/V Hetty Brace
            Nicholson 32
            Tampa, Florida

            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 23, 1999
              Mitch, thanks for the kind welcome. I am aware of the Nic 32 Association and
              have already asked for information about joining.

              I've read about the exploits of your family and boat on the web and applaud
              your efforts to follow your dream. I notice that in the specifications for
              your boat that you have a 40 gal fuel tank. The tank on my boat is only 18
              gal which is less than I'd like. What kind of fuel tank do you have
              installed and where?

              I live in Portland, OR and my boat (CN32 MK 10, "Iris") is berthed in
              Astoria, OR at the mouth of the Columbia River. I already have plans to move
              the boat to the San Juans for the spring/summer next year. Eventually I want
              to take the boat south to Baja California and the Sea of Cortez. After that
              - who knows.

              Please keep up the web site for those of us who haven't yet managed to
              escape the rat race. Buying this boat is the first step for me along that
              path. I'm also in the midst of changing my career from full time employment
              in the Information Technology field to consulting to give me more time off
              to enjoy myself.

              Please keep in touch and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

              Regards,

              Stevan Oswill

            • evatt@xxxxxxxxx.xxxx
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 26, 1999
                I have a PSS shaft seal on my Nicholson 31. I don't see how a PSS shaft
                seal can score a shaft. The shaft turns inside of the bellows part of the
                PSS which is attached to the stern tube by hose clamps; the inboard end of
                the bellows has a graphite
                face which doesn't touch anything except the face of the stainless "donut" .
                The stainless "donut" part of the PSS is held in position on the shaft by
                allen screws set at
                a 90 degree angle with two nitrile O rings inside the donut against the
                shaft. The "spring" pressure of the PSS
                bellows pushes the carbon flange end of the bellows lightly against the
                stainless donut which is rotating with the shaft. The faces of the carbon
                flange and the donut "seat" upon initial installation and form the
                watertight seal.
                There really can't be any scoring of the shaft, especially compared to
                conventional stuffing
                boxes/glands which rely on pressure of a flax or teflon material pressed
                against the shaft to keep the water out. The shaft is always wearing against
                the packing material in
                a conventional stuffing box. I love the PSS. After 12 years of
                contortionist stuffing box tightening, I 'm glad to have a dry bilge and no
                maintenance on this hard to reach part. Check out the PSS web site.

                Harrison
              • Bryan Thiessen
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 14, 1999
                  Thank-you for the welcome message. I am the owner of a Nicholson 32 MKVII
                  "Slipper of Emsworth", living in the south of England. I learned of your
                  site from our Nicholson 32 Association site and am keen to take a look.
                  Regards,
                  Bryan Thiessen
                  >Welcome aboard the CamperNicholson list. The members of this
                  > list include those who own or sail a Camper and those who simply
                  > have an interest in one of the world's finest yachts. This list has no
                  > affiliation with the Camper Nicholson Company, we are a group of
                  > enthusiasts. However, we will be glad to furnish contact information
                  > if you wish to contact the builders and do not know how to do so.
                  >Be sure to let us know who you are and don't hesitate to ask questions.
                  >We are all in the same boat here!
                  >
                  >Now, Please take a moment to review this message.
                  >
                  >To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
                  >www.onelist.com, and select the User Info link from the menu bar
                  >on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
                  >between digest and normal mode.
                  >
                  >Please keep all posts on topic. If you fail to do so, you will be
                  >unsubscribed from the list.
                  >

                  >Thanks,
                  >
                  >Denece Vincent -sv- Blue Pearl CN35 #163
                  >The List Owner

                • Steve Titcomb
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 17, 1999
                    Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'd appreciate information on how to contact
                    the yard directly. Thanks.
                    Steve & Elaine Titcomb
                    Owners of Nicholson 31, 'October'
                  • York-Miller, Michael
                    Message 9 of 20 , Nov 17, 1999
                      Steve,
                      The e-mail address for C&N Gosport, UK (which is presumably what you
                      require) is:
                      sales@... <mailto:sales@...>
                      if you need their phone number I can get it for you.
                      Mike York-Miller ("Vortex")

                      Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'd appreciate information on how to
                      contact
                      the yard directly. Thanks.
                      Steve & Elaine Titcomb
                      Owners of Nicholson 31, 'October'

                      forms and passwords with just one click! Comes with $50 in free
                      coupons!