Oil Pressure VW Piranha

  • bluedays209
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2010
      Hi Guys,

      Can anyone tell me the correct oil pressure operating range on the VW engines?

      Regards

      John
      Blue Days CN35/209
    • tom1us2001a
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2010
        Hi John,

        I believe its 30 PSI. My gauge shows about 80 when the motor is first started then comes down to 38 to 40 once warm.

        Copy of the Petter Four book: http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/UA9jTEkKB420t9y4Lw-XzKjCiGgp6_v-XWqoh233X2HLwQM4Gt0u5R7MeuNiTdkM36bAPxo_DZ6MgfRAKP64o1FSOmJb8HE/Nicholson%2035/Petter%20Four%20Marine%20Diesel.pdf

        Tom
        Dream CN35-199

        --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "bluedays209" <bluedays209@...> wrote:

        > Hi Guys,
        >
        > Can anyone tell me the correct oil pressure operating range on the VW engines?
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > John
        > Blue Days CN35/209

      • Andrew Joad
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2010
          Hi John,
          Starts off at about 80 and once warmed up and pressure relief valve opens comes down to 40.
          Regards Andrew  North Star CN35 no 205

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
            Thank you o wise ones

            105lbs [!] cold, /95lbs warm ,oil pressures caused by faulty replacement sender. Thought it seemed high!

            Regards

            John
            Blue Days 35/209