Double Head sails or Cutter rigs onNic 39 & 40

  • mcverlaque
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      We are contemplating another Atlantic Crossing with our Nicholson 40 Pilothouse sloop. For the last crossing we jury rigged a hank on affair for a storm sail but think we would like the option of a double head sail or cutter. Has anyone made this conversion or seen it on a Nichloson 39 or 40? Our Profurl roller furling has two tracks but we think this would be practical only for extended down wind legs. You would not be able to roll in only one of the sails.

      Mary & Christian Verlaque, S/V I Wanda Nicholson 40 hull #18