Re: [campernicholson] delamination

  • Brian Stannard
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 4, 2010
      Git Rot will not stick to anything wet though so it has to be totally dry first.

      On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Denece <bluepearl@...> wrote:

      I suspect the "chemical" you were looking for to take care of moisture may be "Git Rot" a thin wicking epoxy-like liquid. I have used it a couple of times on some punky rotted out window frames in the interior. It's so thin it is pretty tricky to work with; you put it in one place and it runs out somewhere unexpected!  I don't know if I would want to use it on the cabin top.

      From: Brian Stannard <brianstannard@...>
      To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com

      I'm in Victoria B.C. Canada. I have a CS27 ( Canadian Sailcraft) designed by C&N but built in Canada. It was designed by Ray Wall when he was head designer at C&N. He later moved to Canada and became head designer at CS.

      On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 4:47 PM, DARRYL LARKIN <darrylfromoz@ yahoo.com. au> wrote:

      Hello Brian, I think you are right...well, I am sure you are right....' I was just a wishin and a hopin!'...no, I am not sure that the boat was built here [Australia]. ...no boat builder's plate...but it is of the vintage that was built here, when a set of moulds were shipped to Australia  [ a guy called Phil Rudder built a few].  Where are you based and what is your boat?
      thank you for the prompt reply
      cheers
      darryl