Re: Chainplate nut size on Nic 38

  • rainforest_mj
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2010
      To tie off this question, I can say that I bought 1/2" BSF and 3/8" 304 (Type 2) full hex nuts from Stig's Fasteners in the UK:
      http://www.a2stainless.co.uk

      They were 1 GBP + VAT each for the 1/2", and 50p + VAT (if applicable) for the 3/8". It took them about a week to decide to ship the order, but it did arrive at my US address safe and sound a week after that. And yes, the nuts fit nicely on the chainplate threads, so those are definitely BSF and not BSW threads.

      I found that Archerdale (http://www.archerdale.com/index.php) had 1/2" nuts in stock at a very reasonable price of 60p each, but they would have to fabricate the 3/8" nuts for me, with minimum quantity of 100. The sales contact there was very responsive and pleasant - I wish he had both sizes as I would like to have given him my business.

      I could not find any 316 SS nuts anywhere, so I settled for then 304.

      Cheers -
      Marilyn
      www.svRainshadow.com
    • naumangl
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
        Marilyn,
        Glad to hear that you have those special nuts in your hand. Here is the my suppliers email from England that I used.
        mailto:surpluspeters@...    the name on the package is Mike Peters. Address is:
        Rosegarth, Mill Lane
        Counton, Newark
        Nolts NG23 6AJ
        England

        Thanks for the gasket information. It would be nice to leave the boat without a plastic cover over my V birth hatch. I thought I read that you also had a main cabin hatch as well. I do not. Raga is hull 123
        George

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2010
          Has anyone in the US tried The Nutty Company www.nutty.com/ ?