Re: [campernicholson] hydraulic drive nic 35

  • Paul Crouch
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009
      Glenn,
        My understanding is that these units are very rugged and require no routine maintence other than oil changes and filter.I suggest a complete hydraulic oil change with new filters would be all that is required.
       The Dennison company that made them was bought by Parker Hannifin in the usa.
       From reading the forum it seems any good Hydraulic shop can service the pumps and the drive units if they need a seal or hose's made up. I would suggest having one long  spare hose made up as the fittings are BNP vs SAE and might be hard to find if you need one quickly..
       There was lots of discussion on the Yahoo group about the atvantage of using a variable pitch prop with this drive but i'n not sure it would be worth the cost to you?
        Again the other  Nic 35 owners on the yahoo group have lots of answers and good sources for  parts
        I sent your offer to the owner tonight,hopefully we will hear back quickly.
                                          Paul.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2009

        I had to replace pump and motor – especially the pump was non repairable. I experienced a huge improvement. With my autoprop I now get app 6 knots at 1500 rpm/flat sea. It works great (and yes as mentioned before, I sell Autoprops). You could contact me for more info.

        Thomas J. Middelthon

        Nich 35 # 40 North Wind

        Stavanger, Norway