Stanchions

  • Mary Verlaque
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 24 5:25 AM
      While in the Med, we ran into an English boat with the same stanchions and bases as those on our CN 40. Our new friends sent us the name and address of the place in England where they were still making them. Unfortunately the address is in Georgia. We will post it on the board mid November, when we get there. Christian and Mary Verlaque, S/V I Wanda
    • Thomas J. Stanton
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 24 7:45 AM
        Mary,

        I would appreciate that I need to replace two more.  How is I Wanda doing?

        Tom Stanton
        Discovery CN-40ac
        Annapolis

        While in the Med, we ran into an English boat with the same stanchions and bases as those on our CN 40. Our new friends sent us the name and address of the place in England where they were still making them. Unfortunately the address is in Georgia. We will post it on the board mid November, when we get there. Christian and Mary Verlaque, S/V I Wanda

      • rblaugh
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 24 12:03 PM
          --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Mary Verlaque <mcverlaque@...> wrote:

          > While in the Med, we ran into an English boat with the same stanchions and bases as those on our CN 40. Our new friends sent us the name and address of the place in England where they were still making them. Unfortunately the address is in Georgia. We will post it on the board mid November, when we get there. Christian and Mary Verlaque, S/V I Wanda

          Mary and Christia,
          Thank you for offering this information. I would appreciate it if you would send or post the name when you can.
          All the best,
          Roger Blaugh
          SPIRIT
          Nic 303
          Sag Harbor, NY
        • TomS
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 20, 2010
            Mary,

            You sent this last year. Do you have the name. One of ours stanchions was hit and the base broken last week.

            Thanks,

            Tom Stanton
            C&N 40ac Discovery.

            --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "rblaugh" <rblaugh@...> wrote:

            > --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Mary Verlaque <mcverlaque@> wrote:
            > >
            > > While in the Med, we ran into an English boat with the same stanchions and bases as those on our CN 40. Our new friends sent us the name and address of the place in England where they were still making them. Unfortunately the address is in Georgia. We will post it on the board mid November, when we get there. Christian and Mary Verlaque, S/V I Wanda
            > >
            > Mary and Christia,
            > Thank you for offering this information. I would appreciate it if you would send or post the name when you can.
            > All the best,
            > Roger Blaugh
            > SPIRIT
            > Nic 303
            > Sag Harbor, NY

          • M. Davidson
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 22, 2010
              Thomas I think this was sent by mistake
              mmd

              To: campernicholson@yahoogroups.com
              From: tstanton@...
              Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 00:54:49 +0000
              Subject: [campernicholson] Re: Stanchions

              Mary,

              You sent this last year. Do you have the name. One of ours stanchions was hit and the base broken last week.

              Thanks,

              Tom Stanton
              C&N 40ac Discovery.

              --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "rblaugh" <rblaugh@...> wrote:

              > --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Mary Verlaque <mcverlaque@> wrote:
              > >
              > > While in the Med, we ran into an English boat with the same stanchions and bases as those on our CN 40. Our new friends sent us the name and address of the place in England where they were still making them. Unfortunately the address is in Georgia. We will post it on the board mid November, when we get there. Christian and Mary Verlaque, S/V I Wanda
              > >
              > Mary and Christia,
              > Thank you for offering this information. I would appreciate it if you would send or post the name when you can.
              > All the best,
              > Roger Blaugh
              > SPIRIT
              > Nic 303
              > Sag Harbor, NY

            • Thomas J. Stanton
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 22, 2010
                Sorry,

                Tom Stanton

                You sent this last year. Do you have the name. One of ours stanchions was hit and the base broken last week.

                Thanks,

                Tom Stanton
                C&N 40ac Discovery.

                --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com, "rblaugh" <rblaugh@...> wrote:

                > --- In campernicholson@ yahoogroups. com, Mary Verlaque <mcverlaque@> wrote:
                > >
                > > While in the Med, we ran into an English boat with the same stanchions and bases as those on our CN 40. Our new friends sent us the name and address of the place in England where they were still making them. Unfortunately the address is in Georgia. We will post it on the board mid November, when we get there. Christian and Mary Verlaque, S/V I Wanda
                > >
                > Mary and Christia,
                > Thank you for offering this information. I would appreciate it if you wou! ld send or post the name when you can.
                > All the best,
                > Roger Blaugh
                > SPIRIT
                > Nic 303
                > Sag Harbor, NY

              • tom1us2001a
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 22, 2010
                  Tom,

                  Is this what your looking for? They look close to the CN stanchion bases. I used to have a spec sheet with the dimensions of the base but can't seem to find it. It may be on the boat. Anyway, I hope this helps you.

                  http://www.force4.co.uk/1576/YS--Alloy-Stanchion-Base-with-Buttress.html

                  Tom
                  CN35-199 Dream

                  --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "TomS" <tstanton@...> wrote:

                  > Mary,
                  >
                  > You sent this last year. Do you have the name. One of ours stanchions was hit and the base broken last week.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Tom Stanton
                  > C&N 40ac Discovery.
                  >

                  > --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, "rblaugh" <rblaugh@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > --- In campernicholson@yahoogroups.com, Mary Verlaque <mcverlaque@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > While in the Med, we ran into an English boat with the same stanchions and bases as those on our CN 40. Our new friends sent us the name and address of the place in England where they were still making them. Unfortunately the address is in Georgia. We will post it on the board mid November, when we get there. Christian and Mary Verlaque, S/V I Wanda
                  > > >
                  > > Mary and Christia,
                  > > Thank you for offering this information. I would appreciate it if you would send or post the name when you can.
                  > > All the best,
                  > > Roger Blaugh
                  > > SPIRIT
                  > > Nic 303
                  > > Sag Harbor, NY

                • Mary Verlaque
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 23, 2010
                    We found our reference in GA and while it had the diagrams and details about the stanchions it had no contact so we have called our friends in the UK who are also not at home but will get the contact information as soon as they can. Sorry for the delay. This is in reference to the solid aluminum stantions original to the CN 40
                    Mary & Chirstian / I Wanda

                  • Thomas J. Stanton
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 23, 2010
                      Mary,

                      Thank you. Nothing worse than a real problem.

                      Tom Stanton
                      Discovery CN 40ac